Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game? >

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

WIP & UFO Challenge, are you game?

Old 12-31-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
Originally Posted by MaryAnna
Ok WIP & UFO gang..... it's the 31st! By today you should have found your projects, or at least a few to get started on tomorrow. The 1st is our start date and if you're over booked on that day, try to do 15 mins to a half hour of sewing/quilting on a project sometime on the 1st.

I work 2 jobs, so I need to work in some time everyday in order to get things done. We'll have some 'quilt retreat' weekends and/or PJ parties (all night sewing sessions) planned. So that should help out. Let us all know if you've got a special night to devote to projects and have your own PJ party....we might be able to join in!

Let's check in with each other weekly at least to see how we're doing, and don't forget to post pictures!

We can do this! Even me with 33 projects.

Blessings,
MaryAnna
I am not wating until tomorrow to start!! I feel like that baby quilt is clogging up the whole works!! It's the third one in a row and I'm kind of tired of them but it needs done first. I'm hoping I can have it done and out of here by the end of the week.
Go get 'em Scissor Queen! Get that baby quilt done! Yes, I know the feeling of something clogging up the whole works, get that one done and move onto another project quickly. I"m rooting for ya!
Have a Happy New Year & many Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 PM

Some inspiration for all of us! I injured my back yesterday afternoon while undecking the halls...fa la la..... so I was really bad off today and called in sick. So, with heating pad on my back in the sewing chair.....I finished the 1st UFO on my list! I finished my DS's Penn Dutch Quilt (his Christmas present), I cut the binding (not easy with back problems), sewed the binding, etc. and did a label on the back.
The top quilting was done by Carol the LA, she did a great job, but got it done the Monday before Christmas.
I can scratch 1 off of my 'list'....now for the other 32!

Happy New Year and Many Blessings to all,
MaryAnna
You might be happier in the long run with an ice pack on your back - - heat causes blood to rush to the area, creating pressure on nerves.
Your quilt is beautiful. I like the colors you chose; very rich and elegant looking. Very creative to use the lighter background of your focus fabric on the back. I take it you really liked that fabric, too! <wave>
Old 12-31-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Some inspiration for all of us! I injured my back yesterday afternoon while undecking the halls...fa la la..... so I was really bad off today and called in sick. So, with heating pad on my back in the sewing chair.....I finished the 1st UFO on my list! I finished my DS's Penn Dutch Quilt (his Christmas present), I cut the binding (not easy with back problems), sewed the binding, etc. and did a label on the back.
The top quilting was done by Carol the LA, she did a great job, but got it done the Monday before Christmas.

You must be either a nurse or a dr! I'll try the cold pack, although the heat felt nice, I still have pain and difficulty moving about.
Yes, I loved the large paisley print!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

MaryAnna
You might be happier in the long run with an ice pack on your back - - heat causes blood to rush to the area, creating pressure on nerves.
Your quilt is beautiful. I like the colors you chose; very rich and elegant looking. Very creative to use the lighter background of your focus fabric on the back. I take it you really liked that fabric, too! <wave>
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM

Well I did reply, but it didn't show....strange.
Omak, you must be either a nurse or a dr! I'll try the ice packs. The heat felt nice, but I was still in pain and had difficulty moving about without twinging in pain.

Yes, I loved the large paisley print. although I can't take credit for all as it was a BOM.

Thanks for the medical advice, I haven't been to my chiropractor yet. I'm sure she'd agree with you!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
jme

Pulled one ufo out tonight. Haven't even looked at it for several months. It just needs some borders and the top will be finished (twin size).
Old 12-31-2010, 06:19 PM
jme

MaryAnna
I love those colors, nice work!!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:32 PM

I haven't been purchasing fabric much either. I was online at fabric.com for their sale last night, had fabrics in my basket that I had wanted... then decided that I don't need to buy more fabric right now.

I have probably a half dozen tops to quilt and 3 major projects in the works that I need to get done.

I vow to not start anything new or buy fabric until I get these 3 tops done. I believe that I have everything I need for them, even the backing for 2 of them.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I haven't been purchasing fabric much either. I was online at fabric.com for their sale last night, had fabrics in my basket that I had wanted... then decided that I don't need to buy more fabric right now.

I have probably a half dozen tops to quilt and 3 major projects in the works that I need to get done.

I vow to not start anything new or buy fabric until I get these 3 tops done. I believe that I have everything I need for them, even the backing for 2 of them.
Hurray for you!!! You are strong minded! Way to go and a high 5 to ya!!! I plan on 'shopping at my stash' first, and if I don't have what I NEED, then I'll shop the sales....I do love fabric.com and if I don't look at their emails, I'm strong and can do without.
Get your projects done and post them! We'd all love to see them!
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by jme
Pulled one ufo out tonight. Haven't even looked at it for several months. It just needs some borders and the top will be finished (twin size).
Sounds like the perfect 1st ufo project! It's like seeing an old friend again! Can't wait to see it when you're done! Tomorrow (or tonight) is the perfect time to start on it! Who knows?! You might just finish it in a weekend, and then onto the next UFO!

Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 12-31-2010, 07:06 PM

Actually <g> I am neither a nurse or a DR, but I do love medicine.
The advice came from MY chriopractor <g> ... the ice isn't as comfortable as the heat is (I think because we are old and cold and don't realize how cold we are until we get close to a heat source ... ANYWAY!
Last February, during a wrestling match with a calf, I experienced my first and only wrenched back, so badly that I couldn't walk without help. Couldn't turn over in bed. Couldn't get out of a chair without help. I have never in my life been so debilitated! (First time I had actually been able to empathize with back patients, too :oops: )
Hubby took me to his chiropractor (who practices low impact - - don't know the right word for it) and Dr Ross explained the heat/cold difference.
I had to figure it all out, but it helped that when hubby bought me a new van, he bought one with fanny heaters in the front seat.
I'm telling you! Those are MARVELOUS things in the early morning cold, but I had noticed that after heating up with the fanny heater and then traveling long distances, when I got out of the van, I could hardly walk ... so, when Dr Ross explained it to me, I put that together with my experiences, had my AH HA! moment and proceeded to spread "the gospel" <g>
I believe in giving people the best advice I have when it seems to be needed ... (that is what saved my life for so many years, and I try to pass it on) I have long ago given up being concerned about being considered a buttinsky <g> ... if I help someone by sharing what I have learned, that is great! <wave>