Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wisdom needed about a new machine

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    What foot are you using for FMQ? I have a Sapphire. It came with an R foot, which I didn't have any luck with. I do much better with a spring foot. I'm not at home to check the item number, but if you want me to check when I get back, let me know.

I can't advise on other machines. The Sapphire is my 2nd Viking and I had the first Viking for many years.
    I have been using the spring foot, and I tried another one suggested. The tension just doesn't work well. I asked at the shop too- they gave me some comment about it being me not the machine...didn't even look at it...then tried to sell me a new machine.

Blog Entries
    I have an SE and I have great luck FMQing. I took several FMQ classes at a store that sells Vikings along with other brands, and brought my SE. It was great because the instructor gave great advice and if you had an issue with the machine, a sales person familiar with that brand could help.
    It does take some practice. A couple of things that helped were quilting gloves and an extension table. I'm really good reading & following written instructions, but I don't think I would have EVER gotten the hang of FMQ without taking classes using my machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2