Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wizard of Oz Fabric

I am intrigued by the Wizard of Oz fabric, there are several serious fans in my family, however I am not sure what all can be done with it. Please tell and show me what you all have creating with it.

I don't have any pictures, but I made a bag for my daughters friend. She is a BIG Judy Garland fan. I used the colorful Dorothy in Oz fabric for one side and Dorothy singing Over the Rainbow in the brown tone for the other side. It is a reversible bag that holds lots of stuff. Great for a college grad student. She loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmom
    I am intrigued by the Wizard of Oz fabric, there are several serious fans in my family, however I am not sure what all can be done with it. Please tell and show me what you all have creating with it.
    Hi, I made a label for my quilt, I cut out the picture of Dorothy meeting the Princess, because my quilt was called "Dorothy´s Quilt"

They have some nice fabrics.

Sure you could make nice things with it even tote bags.

Elle

Elle

I just saw that fabric in the quilt shop yesterday. I am a huge fan of Oz. I love the ruby shoes, gotta get some the next time I'm in there!

I have a pic on my sewing room wall of dorothy, the wicked witch of the east and Glenda with the yellow brick road.

Hancocks of paducah has a quilt kit, a sort of trip around the world all done up in the Wizard of oz fabrics.

I have several fabrics from that line. I'm going to make 2 of my GD quilts with, one will be the yellow brick road pattern not sure for the other one yet.

Will post them when i do get them done. Christmas gifts for them so i better get busy!!!!!!!

I have the brown tone, but also got the red shoes and yellow brick road fro added color. I 've had it sitting here since spring and I think I might make a simlpe quilt using the "yellow Brick Road" pattern. Maybe a pillow case to match.