Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha! >

Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha!

Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Banned

Every quilt I've made has been a gift for someone or a commissioned quilt. When I get my new house I'll make one for myself. My herd of machines, that's where I have problems letting go.

Cari
Old 09-09-2015, 11:36 PM

When you said attached to your quilts , I thought you meant sewn yourself into a seam as you are sewing. It gave me a laugh.
i love all my quilts and find it difficult to give away. I wonder if that is why some of us find the sandwiching and quilting a stage we put off. Once finished we can gift them.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:02 AM
Power Poster

The only reason I feel a twinge at giving time, is because I worry they are not good enough. Not really because I am emotionally attached. Generally I like to make and give. Although I am a big collector of a lot of 'stuff'.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:26 AM

Part of my quilt finishing process is to wash the quilt and then snuggle with it for a bit when it's warm from the dryer before I fold it all up. That helps me feel like I can let go of the quilt, and I also get to say cutesy things to the recipient like "pre-washed and filled with hugs".

I have a few quilts I made specifically for myself that I'd have a hard time letting go of. The rest I usually make with a specific recipient in mind, and my eagerness to give them the quilt overrides any reluctance to part with it.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
When you said attached to your quilts , I thought you meant sewn yourself into a seam as you are sewing. It gave me a laugh.
i love all my quilts and find it difficult to give away. I wonder if that is why some of us find the sandwiching and quilting a stage we put off. Once finished we can gift them.
I always try to complete one quilt before starting the next unless awaiting fabric delivery then I may start a table runner. I have my next 2-3 quilts in my mind before I finish the current one. I am loving my Moda Atilier charm quilt right now.