Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha! >

Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha!

Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha!

Old 09-05-2015, 05:49 PM

Default Wondering how many of us get too attached to our quilts-ha!

I love each one when I finally finish. I kind if hate giving them to family but I know they will be well used. I plan to sell some at a local bazaar this fall but don't know if I will be able to part w/most of them. They are all special- will.someone love them like I do.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:59 PM

I have made some quilts that I could not sell at all! One especially made to honor a very important person in my religion. I could not sell it at all! Other's are wall quilts for Christmas, Halloween, Family picture quilt that my husband paid to be made. So many!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:00 PM

If I make a quilt FOR someone, I have no problems giving it to them. If I just make a quilt because I like the pattern or want to make a quilt, I have a very difficult time passing it on. Hence, I have a whole closet full to the brim of quilts.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:23 PM

After I am gone, I will have no control over what happens to my quilts, but if I have become attached to them, I think it is okay to keep them. If I really need the money, then that will be a different matter.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:37 PM

I have one on my bed and I have one on the wall of my sewing room all the rest are in the closet. I have 13 grandchildren so last Thanksgiving I have started to give them away to them. All of my children already have one, so the rest I will leave for them to sell, donate or keep after I'm gone....

I tell them I want one in my casket because I am not much for silky stuff.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AudreyB View Post
If I make a quilt FOR someone, I have no problems giving it to them. If I just make a quilt because I like the pattern or want to make a quilt, I have a very difficult time passing it on. Hence, I have a whole closet full to the brim of quilts.
this is me, too
Old 09-05-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyB View Post
Same here!!! Hopefully I will be able to start parting with them when I need to downsize!
Old 09-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

OK. I'm weird. I like the process so much that when I'm done and I'm looking at the quilt it's almost like 'now what the heck am I going to do with this???'. I usually have them hanging around the house and when someone admires it, I can gift it knowing that the recipient likes it. Maybe that's why I only have 1 of my quilts...
Old 09-06-2015, 04:34 AM

I'm with Paper Princess, I don't like them hanging around. If someone is visiting and admires, one, I give it to them. Or if we end up looking thru them because they express and interest I let them choose the one they like. An old high school friend recently visited and I let her choose too. Now I have room to make more.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

Some I do love but there are those that don't turn out as plan so it easy to give those away.