Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A word to the wise >

A word to the wise

A word to the wise

Old 06-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

I think we've all done that at one time or another, but glad you have enough fabric to re-make the blocks, unless you want the smaller blocks.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Awwwww, we all feel your pain! I kept a very wonky block that is a result of not testing to show my girls how measuring is the most important part of the process....so that they can see we all make mistakes, and that we all have glitches in uor learning.....they always laugh, bless their hearts......
hang in there......it will be really awesome once you get through this part!!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM

I printed a pattern today and noticed my printer had an option checked "fit to page". I unchecked that and they printed correctly. I did it on each page.

Recently, I was wondering why my option of "print actual size" is missing. Maybe this option replaced it. Either way I think a printer should print actual size unless I go in and change the options, not vice-versa! I am going to go see if I somehow set some defaults I should not have . . .

Sorry about your block, how annoying! Especially when paper-piecing takes so much concentration to start with.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM

I just paper pieced some words for a quilt. The letters were all for the same website, all printed at the same time on the same printer. The test scale block was right and the letters were all different sizes. I was able to fudge them to make them work.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
RGay: The EQ7 stands for Electric Quilt Version 7, it is a quilt/block design program. It enables you to design blocks, put them in quilt layouts, experiment with color options. If you do a search I am sure you will come up with dozens of sources for the program. Sometimes when I design a quilt, either it really works or sometimes not. I can discard the rejects without wasting fabric. Plus you can "make" dozens of virtual quilts that you might not ever get to in real life. There is a really nice tutorial done by one of the board members that helped us learn more about the prgram.
Thank you, Emma! I will definitely get my googling going! Sounds like a very handy/fun tool/toy!