Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Working with fusible batting.

Blog Entries
    I'm presently, working with June Taylor's fusible batting and it is the worst product I have ever used. I have spent over an hour trying to get this stuff to work. This product is a total waste of time. I have iron and re-ironed and re-ironed sections. I had much better results when I used Fusi-boo batting. Plus the Fusi-boo felt so much better.
    My all time favorite is 505 spray, fast to spray on with great results. I guess I'm going to have to pin now since I don't have any 505 in the house. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent my frustrations since I'm working on a birthday gift that I was hoping to get out in the mail tomorrow.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Glad you vented- hope it helped!
    I hated that stuff too :(

Blog Entries
    Thanks! I think if I were to spray Elmers glue mix with water on a batting and quickly iron the sandwiched batting that would work better than this non fusible batting. Ok, back to pinning.:(

Blog Entries
    I know just how you feel I have worked with fusible fleece that just won't stick to the fabric no matter how many time I iron it. I finally end up sewing it on. So frustrating!
    Sometimes we have to rant before we can move on to feeling better. :)

Blog Entries
    I bought a roll of fusible Hobbs batting ( I think that is the name) at Michael's by mistake. I was afraid of messing up my quilt and returned it. I may get the courage up to try it later on.

Blog Entries
    I don't care for fusible battings either :(

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Hope you feel better. I have used up all my fusibles but I rubbed the glue off or really I brushed it off.

Blog Entries
    I'm just using 505 from here out. I was trying different fusible batting out to see which I liked the best. Hair spray would have worked better. :)I thought using fusible batting would be better for environment and my lungs. I'll just go back to opening all the windows while spraying. I wouldn't even use this stuff for small projects.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    I'm just using 505 from here out. I was trying different fusible batting out to see which I liked the best. Hair spray would have worked better. :)I thought using fusible batting would be better for environment and my lungs. I'll just go back to opening all the windows while spraying. I wouldn't even use this stuff for small projects.
    Thanks for posting this about the fusible batting, I really did think of trying it, but think I will not after reading about your problems. I know we try these things to make our jobs easier and quicker, not to mention it is not that cheap to use either.

Never tried June Taylor's fusible batting, and thanks to you I know I won't. Sorry it was such a disappointment and frustration for use. I have only used Hobbs and loved it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast