Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would like your opinion >

Would like your opinion

Would like your opinion

Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 AM

I am looking for a new machine to use for fmq(ing).I;ve been thinking about this for awhile.Does anyone have a Bailey,the price seems much better than the Janome Horizon and the throat(harp) is much bigger.What do you think?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 AM

Bailey has a good reputation, and when I have room and money at the same time, it's one that I will get.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM

I've had mine now for about 3 months or so. I like it, would I buy it again, no. I would like more bells and whistles. Mine is on a frame. I thought about taking off the frame and into a table. I seem to have more control on the table because thats how I learned to sew. Baileys doesnt have feed dogs so its for free motion only. Theres a yahoo group that you can join to check out the other issues and good things about these machine. Tons of information and friendly advice. Debbe the moderator of the group is very helpful and will help with the odering. Good luck with your purchase and research!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 AM

I've had mine now for about 3 months or so. I like it, would I buy it again, no. I would like more bells and whistles. Mine is on a frame. I thought about taking off the frame and into a table. I seem to have more control on the table because thats how I learned to sew. Baileys doesnt have feed dogs so its for free motion only. Theres a yahoo group that you can join to check out the other issues and good things about these machine. Tons of information and friendly advice. Debbe the moderator of the group is very helpful and will help with the odering. Good luck with your purchase and research!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
I am looking for a new machine to use for fmq(ing).I;ve been thinking about this for awhile.Does anyone have a Bailey,the price seems much better than the Janome Horizon and the throat(harp) is much bigger.What do you think?
I was at the Bailey shop last month and met Chuck, who makes them. Baileys are stretched Janomes. He's a very personable guy and would probably discuss it with you over the phone. I want to get one, but my purse says I have to wait :) his phone number is on the website http://www.baileyssewingcenter.com/homequilter.html
Old 09-15-2011, 07:32 AM

I got my 15" Bailey in April this year. I like it. It's a solid machine and stitches well. It has a stitch regulator which really makes things easier.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 AM

There are Tin Lizzies 18-ls going for around $4000.00 used. that are a real buy and you can do a king size on them.,
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM

if you use the search feature at the top of the page you can find several places where bailey owners have given our opinions, i love mine