Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you believe I did it again!!!

I was feeling so good, happily sewing together the last row of blocks for my quilt as you go string quilt. I finished the last seam and picked up the top to add the last border on.

What? This doesn't match, strange I had the quilt turned to the side to make sure I was sewing them together right. I tried the other side, still no match. Then I realized I had the top edge of the quilt towards me when I started matching up the squares!!!!AAARRRRRGGGGG

Time to take a break before I put Jack the ripper to work.I have to take out every seam and start over. You can be sure I will make sure I am using the right row for my guidelines this time!!! :|

Power Poster
    Bummer!

Have you tried the eyebrow shavers. They come 3 to a package and are only about $1. It makes ripping out seams a quick job. My DH saw me using it one time and he was impressed - LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyg
    Have you tried the eyebrow shavers. They come 3 to a package and are only about $1. It makes ripping out seams a quick job. My DH saw me using it one time and he was impressed - LOL.
    No I haven't seen those but I will look the next time I am in town! Thanks! :-D

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Practice makes perfect?

The upside is I would count it as 2 done!lol

it is a bummer, whenever I see your name I think I am going to get a laugh, not this time this is not funny, been there done that not funny at all.

I wonder does anybody use a fine, very pointed pair of scissors to rip seams? I just cut the line of stitching every 1/4 inch or so and it just pulls apart. I find I don't accidently cut the fabric using the scissors. Sorry Ditter about your having to undo. All of us have been there. I'm a better ripper than a piecer or a quilter. More practice.

I'm either going to show my age or the fact that I'm not into much makeup, but what are eyebrow shavers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S
    I wonder does anybody use a fine, very pointed pair of scissors to rip seams? I just cut the line of stitching every 1/4 inch or so and it just pulls apart. I find I don't accidently cut the fabric using the scissors. Sorry Ditter about your having to undo. All of us have been there. I'm a better ripper than a piecer or a quilter. More practice.
    I use that same technique except I use a size 11 exacto knife. The point slips under the stitches really easy and the blade is thin.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast