Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you buy this? >

Would you buy this?

Would you buy this?

Old 10-31-2008, 05:40 AM

Emily,

I have purchased two sewing machines on ebay. One from a private seller and one from a dealer. I use both... I upgraded to a better Brother machine than the first. (I wanted the quilting stitches that the first didn't have.)

I have yet to complain at all about the machines. The first was/is like new. It was purchased by a lady that was going to open a baby clothing store and it didn't happen. She didn't need or want the sewing machine. There was maybe 5 hours use.

The second machine I use several times a week. It is also a Brother and has every stitch (without going into an embroidery machine) that Brother has. I believe there is 60 stitches and about 100 stitch functions and it makes 7 different kinds of buttonholes, and and the list is endless.

As as hint, I only buy from sellers on ebay with a rating of over 95%. The guy with the Omega machines has a 100% positive rating. He seems to want to really have any of our business. The person that is selling the thread, fabric etc., also has a 100% positive feedback. For a lot of people, selling on ebay is their income and they must maintain a decent feedback.

Just be careful if buying a sewing machine. I have had luck with Ken's Sewing. I have purchased several times from them (including a very expensive sewing center and a sewing machine) and they are so friendly.

I hope this helps.

Anita