Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which would you choose?

I have a choice of three quilting magazines from a home arts club I belong to in place of a scrapbooking magazine they had been sending. Long story. Which one of these magazines are best for not only tips, quilting news and patterns but also offer maybe full size patterns or templates. I guess what im asking is which is the better magazine for a begginer to learn from?

Sorry Duh!
    McCalls Quilting magazine
    Quilter Home
    Quiltmaker magazine

I find lots of nice patterns for beginners in the McCalls magazine

Blog Entries
    i agree, McCalls would be best.

I agree, McCall's is the better of the 3. The other two sometimes have complicated and complex items, just looking at them could cause major frustration issues. You can't go wrong with McCall's.

I am also a subscriber to the same home arts magazine. I was bummed when we received notice of it changing!!! But I was so excited when they said we could switch it to a quilting magazine instead of the scrapbooking one. I chose McCall's. I seem to be drawn to them when I see them on the newstands. If you have any magazines at home go through and maybe see what you have purchased more of or go to the store and see which one appeals to you when you flip through it.

I subscribe to none of these but from what I've seen of them McCall's is your best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    i agree, McCalls would be best.
    That would be my choice too

Quote Originally Posted by KGoodhand
    I am also a subscriber to the same home arts magazine. I was bummed when we received notice of it changing!!! But I was so excited when they said we could switch it to a quilting magazine instead of the scrapbooking one. I chose McCall's. I seem to be drawn to them when I see them on the newstands. If you have any magazines at home go through and maybe see what you have purchased more of or go to the store and see which one appeals to you when you flip through it.
    I finally heard from Shawn after a few well worded topics on the forum. This is the first time since they change magazines that I have been offered an alternative to the scrapbooking magazine, and I did send an email. I was told the magazine or I could quit and be out my lifetime membership. Have you received you choice of magazine yet or are you still waiting? I saw one lady had posted she asked for a paper crafts magazine and has yet to receive a copy of it after 2 months.

I like McCalls, Quiltmaker,Quilt World is my favorite.

Blog Entries
    I like McCalls too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast