Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you?

there's a Singer 401 on craigslist calling my name....its $20! Comes with a nice looking cabinet too. I really really done need it...don't know where I'd put it......I have a 503.......poor machine. I guess I should at least call and see if it works. The 503 free motions beautifully.........

Check it out! Go on Ebay and she how much they are selling for and then go on Singer.com and see what it does. I just got a 99K with the case, great condition, no scratches for free because it was to heavy. I did the research and it will even sew leather. I cleaned and oiled her and she purrs like a kitten.

$20- you betcha!

In a second! :)

The 503 and 401 can share a cabinet and you can switch back and forth between them after you get the 401 cleaned up and running smoothly. Need space? You could get rid of a love seat and have a great space for a sewing cabinet. ;)

IMHO, you really need a 15-90 or 91, too. And possibly a treadle machine. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
    In a second! :)

The 503 and 401 can share a cabinet and you can switch back and forth between them after you get the 401 cleaned up and running smoothly. Need space? You could get rid of a love seat and have a great space for a sewing cabinet. ;)

IMHO, you really need a 15-90 or 91, too. And possibly a treadle machine. :mrgreen:
    lol! HAVE the treadle...a 127 and a 15 clone that is a handcrank! I really want a 201 .......

Blog Entries
    If it works and for 20.000 it would already be at my house :lol:

For $20, run and get it. I have two 301s I love machines from that time frame. DH is doing adding paper strip paper piecing on the 301 right now. He'll come and sit withj me when I am quilting and pick up that project. So cute!I love the company.

well I go look at it tomorrow night! The cabinet alone is well worth the price as its solid wood! He's not sure the machine works but unless the motor is shot I can fix it ( I think!) so now to arrange to keep a vehicle tomorrow night!

For $20.00, no second thoughts. It would be in my house by now!!!

RUN!RUN!RUN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast