Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Would you take this deal?

Consider contacting your local Little Theatre group or a local college. They ALWAYS need exotic fabrics and can probably rustle up the $$ to purchase it.

Not me...I am not into leftovers. I like to think things out

Quote Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
    Not me. If I think I wouldn't use it, why keep it around.
    Me either -then I'd feel burdened to use fabric I didn't want, but got a good deal on, and that really takes the wind out of my sails! Pass.

I would interested in the dress form. Can you post a pic and the price?

Blog Entries
    It absolutely doesn't sound like something I'd use for quilting. I wouldn't even take it if she was giving it away!

Well I took it. There is about 4 different colors of velvet, most a yard of (give or take since she did cut from it). Also, several solid colors and that is just 3 boxes I have gone through. Several scrap pieces but big enough for totes or pouches. In the small box of knick knacks were some Pinking Shears by Fiskars (cut good) and a Singer Side Cutter, lots of old buttons (which my mom loves!). I still have 5 more boxes to go through but I am doing it in spurts as I am washing everything.

I didn't get the dress form as I mostly make clothes for my daughter who is 4 1/2 and I just use her. lol
    Last edited by tngal22; 02-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew or digital scrap.
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove?ref=si_shop

It's pretty cheap so you have to decide if you would use it. I'd probably say yes, and choose what you can use and move the rest along. Think $10/yard for cotton fabrics and if you only used 5-6 yards, it'd at least be a break even deal. Then, because this many boxes of fabric has TONS of fabric in it, I'm sure you'd get your money back. I'd probably say yes...in fact, I know I would.

I`ve seen velvet in quilts, it`s not for me. But if you make a lot of purses or eye glass cases, or even Barbie Doll dresses, you could use some, or do you know people that sew cloths for childern? Personally I don`t have room to store it, and it would just get older in the boxes.

Well.....I was going to say I'd have to look at it first. I love, love crazy quilts and it sounds like there are some fabrics, and adornments that would work. I think I'm speaking for many of us ....pictures please.

I would buy it, but I also make medieval garb and so am very likely to use velvets and other specialty fabrics. Might be nice for a crazy quilt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4