Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wouldn't it be nice??? (thread related)

Blog Entries
    I love variegated threads. Wouldn't it be great if someone made variegated thread color assortments to match the precuts that the manufactures are selling? I'd love to see some designed to go with Bali Pops, Tonga Treats, etc. It surely would take the guesswork out of selecting colors, especially for people who shop mainly online.

I guess that's my random thought for the day! :)

Nice thought...would be asking a lot of the thread companies...but they could try to keep up with all the fabric collections...sure they could!

Blog Entries
    I've noticed that the new Bali Pops are similar color schemes to the old ones, just new names and a little variation. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to come up with something.

That's a great idea.

Actually some thread manufacturers DO have recommendations for coordinating threads for specific lines. I'm sorry I can't remember if it was on Superiors threads site or not but I was web surfing and I came across a page that suggested which varigated King Tut threads coordinated with certain Timeless Treasures lines.

Blog Entries
    Good idea, maybe one of them will take notice.

I'm on the lookout for purple and lime green varigated to machine quilt with...

Diannia

Blog Entries
    This reminds me of last year at Paducah quilt show, Hancocks of Paducah had just filled a sale table with big cones of variegated thread. I picked up one and the label was on the bottom. It was Sulky brand and only $4 a cone! I started filling my basket with one of every color blend. Two women walked over and one picked up a cone, read the label and said this is made by Bulky? and it's not 50# so we can't use it for quilting. I said it's very good thread. She said we are new quilters and we were told only to use 50# cotton thread. I said this is good for machine quilting. But they insisted their teacher said only 50# could be used. Oh well. One day they will realize what a bargain they passed up and how clueless their teacher was. LOL

BellaBoo, you know a great bargin when you see it! I would have been right there with you getting one of every color I use or though I would use.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Actually some thread manufacturers DO have recommendations for coordinating threads for specific lines. I'm sorry I can't remember if it was on Superiors threads site or not but I was web surfing and I came across a page that suggested which varigated King Tut threads coordinated with certain Timeless Treasures lines.
    Really? That would be awesome...I must research that. Thanks for the tip.