Wouldn't you know? >

Wouldn't you know?

Wouldn't you know?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM

I have a love affair with my Pfaff, I understand your problem
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
I have a love affair with my Pfaff, I understand your problem
I love mine, too. I would like to get a Pfaff embroidery machine, but they are probably quite expensive. This one was. I bought it while I was still teaching and not on retirement income.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

I hope you don't think that I am lectering (I'm NOT!). That said, I am a firm believer in taking the machine in on a regular basis. It does make a difference in performance and extends the life of the machine. Sort of lie the oil-lube-filter on a car.

BTW: with the Pfaff company focusing less on customer service, make sure to hold on to a good Pfaff mechanic.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I hope you don't think that I am lectering (I'm NOT!). That said, I am a firm believer in taking the machine in on a regular basis. It does make a difference in performance and extends the life of the machine. Sort of lie the oil-lube-filter on a car.

BTW: with the Pfaff company focusing less on customer service, make sure to hold on to a good Pfaff mechanic.
I don't think you are lecturing just giving good advice. Normally, I would take any type of machine in for regular maintenance. Except, the dealer I bought my Pfaff from told me even after I specified regular care that Pfaffs do not require it. Even my manual states I am to do nothing because it is a maintenance free machine. The repairman I talked to today agreed with that as a rule. He said, sometimes the grease inside the motor does dry out in time. Thanks for your reply.

:)
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM

I panicked today when my Janome 6260 quit while sewing. I had been out for a full afternoon of sewing, and was going to continue at home. All of a sudden I gota "Fn" error message and then no juice. I shut it off for two minutes and then she started up just fine. I think she's had a hot flash LOL.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM

I bought a Pfaff in 1991 and it has been in for service only twice and it seems to be true if you treat them nice they work, work, work. Maybe I should "knock on wood"-I have a backup but the Pfaff is my go-to machine every day of the week. Hope yours continues to be a great machine.