Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't you know?

Blog Entries
    Wouldn't you know that the wonderful No problem Pfaff sewing machine that I have had for almost 14 years and have never had to do more than thread the needle and bobbin to be able to sew has to be driven three hours to another state to be serviced just when I am starting to quilt for the first time. I have made a few tops. This is the first one I want to actually quilt. It's a baby quilt and will be a gift to my newest GGD. I decided to start with this size so I could work out any problems before I start quilting the adult sized tops I have made for my GSs. Oh well, at least I found someone with experience with Pfaffs to work on it. Sorry for the long run-on sentence. I do know better. :(

np3
    Blog Entries
    Sounds about right! Hope it doesn't take too long to service it, but think of how good it will run after you get it back!

Power Poster
    It happens all at the wrong time.

Murphy's Law!

A back-up machine for these times, is a necessity.

will you have to leave it and then drive another 3 hours to go get it????bummer.

Blog Entries
    That was my question! Our local quilt shop techinian can work on numerous top of the line brand machines. Sure hope you don't have to make a second trip to pick up your machine! I just had to drive 50 miles to get a screw and bolt for my embroidery machine hoop, total cost $1.36. Thought that was bad enough, but 3 hours is a long trip for a repairman.

Blog Entries
    I know how you feel!

Blog Entries
    I hate being without my sewing machine! I have a backup for classes that I can use to piece but no way would I ever attempt quilting on it! Besides I am spoiled by my regular machine with the auto thread cutter.

I feel your pain!

Blog Entries
    I have no choice in going to Alabama for the repairman because that is the closest authorized Pfaff repairman and I want a Pfaff person to work on my machine. He is going to work on it while we wait and that will take about three hours. Since it is so far away, I decided to have him do a complete check of it. I had recently been wondering if I should have a backup machine because I have read that many of you have more than one. This one has always been so dependable I figured it would be money spent that I could use for fabric. Live and Learn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast