Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wow I got to actually sew today!!!! >

Wow I got to actually sew today!!!!

Wow I got to actually sew today!!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

And I was surprised that I still had it in me!!

I have been messing around with the sewing machines so much that I have not had a chance to even work on a quilt. But today after all of the turmoil I had to endure with Lola and the Vet I needed to take some time off and unwind.

Just so happens Lola (my Chihuahua) loves my quilts so since we found out about her Congestive Heart Failure and me being terrified that I was going to lose her I decided to make her very own quilt. That way when she has to go to the vets office she will be a little more relaxed and if they have to keep her there for more test she will have something that will comfort her. It is going to be a little bigger than a baby quilt with a medium loft poly batting but in colors that she likes.

But it felt so good to sit in my studio debating on which of my machines I wanted to toss in the treadle to make it with!!!

Billy
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your little baby being sick Billy. Glad she is doing better.

What a nice idea making her her own quilt! I'm sure it will comfort her a lot! What is her favorite colors by the way?

It's funny how attached with get to our furry little babies. My baby is sitting on my lap right now. Purring up a storm. I haven't made him his own quilt yet, but he borrows all the rest. He does have his own bed which has a fuzzy lining and his cardboard box of course!

It must be nice to have a workshop like yours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: to have all your machines around you. Mine are all over the house.

I hope to get back to sewing tomorrow as it's been a whole week since I've sewn.

Take care of your baby and the rest of the family!

Happy Quilting! :thumbup:
Old 08-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your quilt inspector being sick. Your baby will definitely LOVE having her own quilt. Don't forget to post pics of Lola on her quilt giving her approval of what Daddy made for her!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

Jan my baby is sitting in my lap right now in the LazyBoy with my lap quilt tossed over us and she is snuggled right in with the best of them.

But her favorite colors are maroon/wine colors and tans. She is a fawn color so it blends right on in with those colors. I was really amazed that I was having a problem picking a machine to use. I almost went with my Singer 27 because it has been a while since I used it and I love the sounds that a VS machine makes in a treadle.

But I should be about finished with it tomorrow and I will post photos of it, with the baby on it!!

Billy
Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 PM

So sorry to hear about your pup. I know Lola will find comfort with one of your handmade quilts. Spoil her rotten. Pets give us so much.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:38 PM

Can't wait to see the baby and the quilt!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM

I am so sorry to here your baby is not well. We have a chudle 1/2poodle and chihuahua and it is amazing how they become a part of you. She is like are child. Her name is doodle bug and she loves the quilts I make for her and she drags them all over the house to lay on. Lola will love hers to. I have to make one a year since she loves them to death. I wish her well. Glenn
Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Cant wait to see pictures of Lola with her new quilt!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Awww poor Lola :( I bet she perks right up with her own brand new quilt :wink: :D:D:D
Old 08-11-2010, 07:07 PM

Billy, please don't let Lola tell Tink about her new quilt! Tink will get her little nose out of joint and need another quilt. The one she has now is getting old, by her standards...you should see the way she moves it to where she wants it...