Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wow, lots to learn!

This is so great! I have only read a few threads and my head is spinning with what I have already learned. Think I will take notes and put in my binder!
    I have three quilts started. The first is a grandmother's fan that a friend and I began over twenty years ago. The top is hand pieced and nearly finished (Only embroidery left.) It is done in shades of peach and white. I am looking forward to finishing it. Friend has been gone for many years. It has good memories.

Sounds like a beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    Sounds beautiful post a Pic

Sounds like a very pretty quilt.

Welcome from Florida. This site will inspire you to finish your quilt. I have found some blocks my dear mom had done when she was alive and I want to do a quilt from them soon.

Thanks everyone. I am excited! I will try to work on posting a pic! Just learning to be a little "techy."
    cakebaker,I know you will enjoy that quilt and the memories it will bring. What kind of blocks are they?
    I have some blocks my grandmother did when I was an infant for me. They are Mother Goose. It even has the pink alternating material cut out and ready to put together. I hope to do those when I get done. May have one of my granddaughters help. She has been wanting to learn to quilt.

Blog Entries
    It is wonderful that you have these memories while working on this quilt, and that they are happy ones :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    It is wonderful that you have these memories while working on this quilt, and that they are happy ones :D:D:D
    I am finding several projects that I have done with others and others have begun over the years that need finishing. Have beautiful log cabin blocks in shades of navy that I helped my Mom learn to piece. She did not finish the quilt. But either I or my granddaughter can.