Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrinkled Fusible Batting - Help

Wrinkled Fusible Batting - Help

I bought Tailor fusible batting in a package and it is wrinkled - a lot. Any suggestions on how to get it flat before fusing to 48 x 48 baby quilt top and backing. I tried a scrap piece on another piece of cloth and it was wrinkled. Don'g want to ruin this quilt top with all of the work I put into it. Thank you. Gerry

Do you have space or time to spread it out and just let it relax? That is what I have heard to do when batting is wrinkled. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion/solution. Gina

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I would either take the batting back to where it was purchased or toss it.

I would attach it to the cross-bar of a couple of hangers and then hang those from my shower rod while I took a nice long bath or a hot shower. Maybe a couple of weights at the bottom in the form of bulldog clips would help too.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    why they can't fold it with non-stick paper inbetween is beyond me. hate wrinkles and globs of glue which June T's usually has.

I am frustrated. I have had it lying on the floor for 3 days. It is stiff and isn't budging. I will try the shower/steam approach. I already cut it so I can't take it back. Will NEVER buy this again. First time AND last time for me. Gerry

not all fusable batts are created equal- like with most things- unfortunately for your first time you got one of the (not so great) ones.
    you can lightly spritz it with water- smooth it between your layers of fabric & press it from the center out- carefully flattening the wrinkles as you go. it is possible to use it & get the wrinkles pressed out as you go- press one side, then flip your fabric sandwich over- spritz *lightly* and press the other side from the center out again.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Have you tried tossing it in the dryer for just a few minutes? It doesn't take very long at all so if the dryer doesn't have time to get hot it shouldn't be a problem with the adhesive.

I have had wrinkled fusible batting.. it can be really a pain in the .... To get mine to unwrinkle .. I hovered the steam iron over the batting . Notice I said hover... I kept the iron ( with steam on ) about 1/2 inch from the batting. Took time but I got it to be flatter .

Iron it! I do all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast