Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yardage? >

Yardage?

Yardage?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Thank you I have been putting them on my wall every which way. I will try the rail fence.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM

You can make a rail fence even when they r 31/2" wide and 6" long and how to I place 4 different colors?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Monie
You can make a rail fence even when they r 31/2" wide and 6" long and how to I place 4 different colors?
You can place them in any order you like or mix in some more fabrics. If you've got a bunch all cut 3.5 x 6", I would try lining them all up long edges and then use a solid fabric between like Chinese Coins. I'll see if I can find a link to it. http://www.quilterscache.com/C/ChineseCoinsBlock.html

I don't particularly like her color choices but this gives a good idea.

You can also make Spiderweb blocks out of them. http://www.quilterscache.com/E/EasySpiderWebBlock.html
Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 PM

I like the Chinese coins I have 50 each 2 different blues and 2 greens need to add a solid color? When you get tired of me just don't ansewer me I will most certainly understand my chemo brain is slow to understand sorry but I thank you very much for your help. I was surprised by my DH he stopes at a yard sale and brought me a singer sewing machine with 20 different stitches. Well so much for all that. Thank you I will let you know how it turns out would post a pic but haven't figured it out.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:21 AM

It doesn't have to be a solid. A tiny print or something that "reads" as solid to separate the stacked coins into panels.

Another idea is stacked bricks. You would sew your 3.5 x 6" pieces end to end in horizontal rows and off set each row so it looks like a brick wall.

I got a newsletter from epatterns this morning that has a design in it that might work for you, also. It's a cross between rail fence & garden path.

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/det...ng+Garden+Path

If the link doesn't work, to to http://www.e-patternscentral.com and search for Spring Garden Path. I don't see paying $3.49 for the pattern, though when it's so simple to figure out but it might help clear your chemo fog.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Thanks so much the spring garden one help with 4 blocks and then sash each block. Thank you hope I haven't been a pain in the----- well
Old 04-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Beverly I was born in St. Louis Mo.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Monie
Thanks so much the spring garden one help with 4 blocks and then sash each block. Thank you hope I haven't been a pain in the----- well
Nope, not a pain. I enjoy designing and making patterns as much if not more than the actual piecing & quilting.

I'm from the Jefferson City area myself. Met hubby (2nd) on-line and he's from Kirkwood. He lived with me for a while back home but the money for computer programmers is better up here so we moved up here. Been here for 10 years+. This part of Jefferson County isn't much different than where I'm from but much easier access to the zoo, Six Flags, The Arch, and lots more fabric shops! So I still get my country living but am only 45 minutes from all the attractions of the big city.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM

iN about.com Janet Wickell usually gives material list...
Old 04-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Here is the pattern "Bright Hopes"

http://quilting.about.com/od/piecing...tial_seams.htm

About.com patterns are under pictures. :)