Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yellow Brick Road Tutorial >

Yellow Brick Road Tutorial

Yellow Brick Road Tutorial

Old 08-24-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135 View Post
I started a YBR years ago - of course I needed it to be bigger than just the 12 fat quarters - so I bought 24. All went well with the cutting - I marked the size I was going to need so I knew how many pieces to cut. Then I started sewing the blocks together - still going pretty well until I lost tract of who many blocks of each type I needed to make. I ended up making more of one kind than I needed so,didn't have enough pieces to make the required number of the others. And that's where it has been sitting for a long, long time. I have now gotten over my annoyance at making this mistake (my "happy" medicine really helps����) and so I will drag out the squares and set them up however they look good to me and finish it. I think it's a really neat quilt and Keepsake Quilting has sets of 12 fst quarters for making one -easy way to go.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Bravo! You will be creating a one of a kind top and be sure that as the artist you don't tell anyone about the so-called error. Seriously, this is the design reflecting the artist's creativity. ;-0
Old 08-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Angry i hated this quilt!

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I agree. The results look very similar. I had trouble following the Yellow Brick Road pattern instructions years ago. I thought it was just me. The double Slice Layer cake goes together very quickly, and I always make my own layer cakes. Easy peasy.

Dina
I chose University of Arkansas fabric for this quilt for my newest grandson when he was born. I absolutely hated it!! Well loved the fabric, hated the pattern! It drove me nuts trying to figure out what went where. I gave it to him but was never pleased with it. I tore up the pattern and then I burned it!! ugh!!! never again!
Old 08-28-2016, 06:34 PM

Yellow Brick Road quilt pattern is under copyright to Arkinson Designs. I don't see how you can have a tutorial without violating that copywrite.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:30 AM

This helps very much. Thanks. The YBR was one of the first quilt patterns I bought years ago, and since it was supposed to be good for "beginners", when it was confusing, I think I put the pattern away and never brought it out again. I might get out my UFOs and go through them - the blocks are probably in there. :-)

Kim