Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yes I started the thread regarding HF blades but only as an FYI >

Yes I started the thread regarding HF blades but only as an FYI

Yes I started the thread regarding HF blades but only as an FYI

Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

Default Yes I started the thread regarding HF blades but only as an FYI

Seems I stirred a hornets nest (not my intent). Yes to each his own - still believe in it. My intent was to inform not bash. Yes I do press hard when rotary cutting due to lost feeling in three of my fingers. And yes I due plan on returning them. And yes I did have them in the right way because there isn't a wrong way. You may have caught my tip on removing plastic or sticky residue with WD40 (love that stuff) but I should have added once you remove the residue put a couple of drops of machine oil on the blade. Also through some of the post I heard about titanium blades; I'll have to check them out. But most what I heard was it's not a "One fits all".
Old 12-11-2011, 02:28 PM

Hi Joyce, read your last post about the HF blades. I have one pack here that I have not tried yet. Reading all the responses it sounded like the majority of members agreed with you. Don't worry about the complainers...........
Old 12-11-2011, 03:49 PM

Joyce- Sorry you had a hard time with that other thread. Some of us like the HF blades & some don't. (I like 'em.) But you shouldn't have had gotten such a hard time. I've just ordered my second batch & am hoping that they are as good as my other 20 blades. I'm also so sorry that you didn't get good blades. {{Huggs}}
Old 12-11-2011, 04:13 PM

I just thought it was a discussion and enjoyed it. I didn't have any luck with the HF blades but don't consider stating that to be a complaint. It's a fact.

I'm curious about the titanium blades too and found some on Amazon for the 45mm cutter. I may try them. I use a 60mm cutter but bought a 45mm so I could use the HF blades. I just started to learn last year so it's all new to me and I love reading the different points of view and the wonderful tips.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 PM

Hey Joyce, your thread didn't bother me at all. I haven't had any luck with the blades either and I didn't feel like anybody that hasn't had luck with the blades were complaining at all. Since I bought my HF blades via mail, I won't be spending the money to send them back to HF. It would cost me more in postage than the things are worth. That's why I'm tossing them.

I, too, am interested in trying those titanium blades.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM

I have bought HF blades twice the first 3 pks I got were great The next 3 packs from the same place seamed to have nickes in about 1/2 of the blades, tryed sharpening them, when I asked the store about them (yes I was nice about asking them) they said they would be happy to refund my money, A gentleman there at the time, another shoper told me the carpet blades were not designed to be used on the better quality fibers only on heavy course rug backing. I don't know if this would be a ansewer to the debate or not. As Joyce said To each his own!! I'm still looking for a less expencive but usable blade, will have to check out the titanium blades
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 PM

I appreciated your post. Having not yet jumped on the bandwagon( so to speak) . I was greatful ...so I 'm not tempted by the price to buy several packages , only to be one of the "not happy" group. You input was helpful to me so if I do try them ... just dip my toe in .. before I dive in.
We will all have differing opinions..... just read the many threads on Jo Ann and Walmart fabrics VS Local quilt shop.