Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Yet ANOTHER question for Bow Tucks

Here is my situation: I can't find the Pellon Fusible Fleece here but I have found stiff interfacing and fusible web. Can I just put the fusible onto the interfacing then fuse that to the fabric, will that work? I just cant make myself pay the price for the fusible fleece plus shipping, then wait 2 + weeks for it to get here. I would try it the way above but I am afraid to waste anything if it doesn't work.

Thanks so much!

It might be rather stiff that way, you can fuse batting onto it and use that. Some people use spray batting to attach it, the pieces are quilted so it would stay in place. I am thinking the fusible batting would work too.

I have used regular batting and basting spray and than quilted it. Worked OK for me

Thanks so much for your replies! I will give the batting and fusible web a try and look for basting spray. Thanks again!

also, it doesn't have to be the Pellon 987, I used another Pellon fusible from walmart when I was in a pinch. It was a different number, a little heavier weight, but worked just fine. That was before I had read about using basting spray. LOL I guess it takes someone else to state the obviouse sometimes. ;)

Fusible is still my favorite to use. And haven't used much of anything else unless i am in a pinch.

i also use reg batting from leftover project.. i just spray baste it and quilt..