Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yipee!!!

Yipee!!!

My LQS is loosing one of the partners and she's been selling off her remaining inventory. Saturday's sale price was 70% OFF. I stopped by Friday afterwork to scope out the scene--see what she had left and to note where certain bolts were located as to be ready for Saturday's sale.

There were two ladies in the store when I arrived having a LOT of fabric cut. Then one of the owners told me that they would give the Sat. sale price that evening. I hurriedly gathered up about 20 bolts and hurried to the cutting counter. The other two customers had their purchases made and bagged. The two ladies had to use a shopping cart to take their score to the car--it was overflowing!

I ended up getting 55 yds for under $150! I was so thrilled--with the sale price everything was under $3 per yard. DH actually carried my score into the house when I got home.

I needed to run an errand in the vicinity of the LQS on Saturday about 2 p.m.--couldn't resist stopping by to see what was left--big mistake. Considering the price, I got a number of 6 yard cuts to use as backings. I even moved outside of my comfort zone (I tend to gravitate to traditional fabrics--small calicoes, tone-on-tones, etc.) I'm trying some lovely bold florals for borders and picked up a set of lavendar and green coordinates for a complete top.

All of my purchases were major brands--Moda, Benartex, Henry Glass, Marcus, etc. In looking over my receipt, I got some Thimbleberries for as low as $1.80/yd. I never paid more than $2.83/yd. All together my weekend's score was $1000 of fabric for under $300.

Now THAT is a score!

Got any pictures?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

WOW, great job!!

You are so lucky, what a score.

Congrats! Sorry to see another LQS getting smaller.

Blog Entries
    holy mackerel! that's amazing. congrats!
    Nancy in western NY

Congrats, great score.

Wow! Though it's sad yet another shop has gone.

how i wish that i had the money and lived near that shop. way to go and hope you have tons of fun playing and petting your fabric.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast