Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Yo Yo's Quilts >
  • Yo Yo's Quilts

• Yo Yo's Quilts

Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Default Yo Yo's Quilts

How many of yall have made some yo yo's quilts? I am starting to make some and would love to see some of the ones that yall have made.... or other projects made from them.... Right now I am making a Christmas Garland for my tree out of them.... when I am done I will post it....
    tammy g
    Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 AM
    Power Poster

my grandma maackingde one in the 50's, I got it! score! I made one with a black courderoy back. I've made pillows, hotplates, potholders, clowns toys ect. when I was about 9, I must have been crazy, and had tiny fingers, I made a bunch of yo yos using a 1 1/4" spool as my template and made a mini clownout of them. wish I knew where it was now.
    Old 10-07-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
    my grandma maackingde one in the 50's, I got it! score! I made one with a black courderoy back. I've made pillows, hotplates, potholders, clowns toys ect. when I was about 9, I must have been crazy, and had tiny fingers, I made a bunch of yo yos using a 1 1/4" spool as my template and made a mini clownout of them. wish I knew where it was now.
    Oh that is so wonderfull..... when I was younger I made a clown out of them too and can't remember what I used for a head part.... I don't remember using a doll head or anything for that part of the doll... cant find a good pattern...
    Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie

If you have the quilts would love to see the photos.....
    and the other projects.....
    Old 10-07-2013, 10:32 AM
    Power Poster

I MADE ONE IT TOOK me 3 yrs to complete have over 2500 yoyos all scrappy i used a old cd for the pattern i will take a picture and post it when i get time. have fun making them !
    Old 10-07-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by QUILTNMO
    I MADE ONE IT TOOK me 3 yrs to complete have over 2500 yoyos all scrappy i used a old cd for the pattern i will take a picture and post it when i get time. have fun making them !
    Awesome..... Cant wait to see it.... this is one pattern that has to be done by hand..... I love it.... I did see someone put the yo yo's together by machine, but I don't like doing them that way......
    Old 10-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Made a Christmas tree wall hanging with yo-yo's. (Have to figure out how to take and post digital photos - then I will post a picture). My Mom used to make yo-yo quilts back in the 1950's and 1960's. Wish I had them now. I remember (I think or have I just seen pix of them?) having one of the yo-yo clowns when I was a little girl. I still love yo-yo quilts. On my list of quilts to make.

Anita