Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a dedicated quilter?

Ran across this article this morning while having coffee!!!

http://www.quiltersvillage.com/conte...erica-2010.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty

sewcrafty - That is amazing - When I first read the title and your post, I said to myself - -that not me!! ROFL - Guess I was wrong!!

The little fact that they found that only 6.2% generate well over half the purchases make me wonder where all that fabric is being stored!! lol

Blog Entries
    interesting. on the other hand ...

"dedication" to the art is measured by how much we spend? that's downright insulting. not to mention elitiste and unfair.

dedicated quilter IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion): one who will find a way to quilt - without busting the family budget - no matter how high or low the family income is.

Blog Entries
    Guess I'm dedicated!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ

"dedication" to the art is measured by how much we spend? that's downright insulting. not to mention elitiste and unfair.

dedicated quilter IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion): one who will find a way to quilt - without busting the family budget - no matter how high or low the family income is.
    Love it!

Maybe WalMart should look at these #s and expand and improve their sewing dept. instead of getting rid of them. It is getting harder to find decent supplies and fabric at a reasonable price.

well according to that there is NO way I'm a dedicated quilter. I guess the fact that I am absolutely in love with quilting and spend every spare moment I can doing it, that I dream of quilts, and that it is the most fulfilling hobby I've ever had doesn't count for much.....only if I spend big $$ are you dedicated.

Sounds like reality.

Quote Originally Posted by eparys
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty

sewcrafty - That is amazing - When I first read the title and your post, I said to myself - -that not me!! ROFL - Guess I was wrong!!

The little fact that they found that only 6.2% generate well over half the purchases make me wonder where all that fabric is being stored!! lol
    My husband will tell you it's stored in my sewing room. However, I don't think ALL of it is. I guess I'm a dedicated quilter too, although I don't think the $$ we spend determines that.

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Maybe WalMart should look at these #s and expand and improve their sewing dept. instead of getting rid of them. It is getting harder to find decent supplies and fabric at a reasonable price.
    Purchasing fabric on line is the way to go. Many on line sources offer wonderful fabrics in the $3 to $4 per s/y price range and they are LQS quality. Whittles Fabrics, Thousands of Bolts, Fabric Depot are just 3 that come to mind.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast