Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are you a Guild Member???? >

Are you a Guild Member????

Are you a Guild Member????

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM

I would love to join a Guild or a bee !! My niece works and lives 30 miles away and so i play a lot of little red hen spots
Old 10-22-2009, 04:37 AM

I belong to our local guild Hearts n' Pieces. It's a small guild with 22 members. My aunt co-founded it 8 years ago.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 AM

If the dues to your local guilds aren't too much $, I would recommend joining, even if you can't make every meeting. Then you'll get the newsletter and we get a 10% discount at LQS. My guild has local speakers, but once or twice a year we have a national speaker. We have UFO workshops and classes and an annual retreat available to members only. We have charity quilt donations twice a year. Our dues are $20 and we're at about 200 members.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by cjc
I am not a member of a guild. All the ones that I see in my area have meeting during the day and I cannot attend since I have to work.
For all of you who work and say you can't join because there is no evening meeting, our guild only started an evening meeting about 3 years or so ago, and we now have about 40 in the evening. Ask the guild about adding an evening meeting. Maybe even offer to host it if there is no place for a meeting.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Yes golfer absolutely. Diana
Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 AM

I belong to the "SunBonnet Sues" guild in Vero Beach, Fl and they have a membership of 100+..and just last week celebrated their 30th Birthday..
I go to this guild as a "snow bird" during the cold winter in my home state.

I also belong to a group in the Jersey area where I live most of the year...this is a group of about 15 ladies named "we can do that" quilters. In this group we also have a few knitters and a lady who just likes the company..so she joins us each week......and when we are doing a group project, she will "pick out" our errors and do the pressing.....

We brown bag first and then get to work...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 PM

I belong to the Van Alstyne Quilter's Guild in V. A., Tx. We meet mostly on the 1st Mon. each month. We start with a social time about 6:30 pm & take turns bringing light refreshments. The business meeting starts at 7 with Show & Tell which gives us great ideas. Our dues are $25 for the year which allows us to bring in some speakers + some of our talented members also do programs. We also pass a can at each meeting to which we contribute whatever we feel like which we use to purchase books for our guild library. The place where we meet has allowed us to keep a large bookcase which closes & locks. Members also donate books which we can then all share for free. Twice a year we have a potluck supper in conjunction with our meeting. We have 5th Saturday workshops, do charity projects, & our favorite is a 3 day retreat which we had last week. Some of our members also belong to either McKinney or Sherman guilds. And yes we have had a man as a member & would welcome any that wish to join.