Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: You have the picture and the pattern...

  1. #1
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    4,982
    Blog Entries
    41
    does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

    Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!

  2. #2
    Super Member Kathy N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Posts
    1,008
    Quilt Kits in Brighton, Michigan does just that. They have many kits available on their website.

  3. #3
    Super Member Kathy N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brighton, MI
    Posts
    1,008
    Sorry, I left off the url


    www.creativequiltkits.com

  4. #4
    bj
    bj is offline
    Super Member bj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    3,475
    I'll bet if you went to the LQS they'd be glad to help you with fabric choices. Call ahead and ask if there is a typically slow time you could come in and get their help.

  5. #5
    Junior Member HapaMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texoma Land
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

    Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!
    GREAT IDEA, Kitsie! I too am TERRIBLE at colour :? Until you posted it, I never knew what a "kit" even was! :lol: This would be great for me, too since I have pic of quilts I want and patterns but good luck picking out the colours if there aren't any in the store EXACTLY like what's in the pic! :lol:

    Thank you, Kitz!!! *HUGS*

  6. #6
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    15,599
    I think there is someone on this forum that does that - unfortunately, I don't remember who -

    Maybe someone else can remember ?

  7. #7
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,807
    Blog Entries
    20
    I know the owners of the LQS's around here (all about an hour away) would help with something like that. I was in one a few weeks ago just browsing and talking to the owner. I told her I wanted to do a bargello and a French braid, but that I was absolutely horrible at picking out fabrics. She told me to come back when I was ready and she would go through the shop with me and help me decide what would work for each quilt. She said that was her favorite thing about owning a shop was to help people decide things like that. So if you have a local LQS, I bet they would be more than happy to help you out.

  8. #8
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    4,982
    Blog Entries
    41
    Thanks, all! I'll bookmark this for when I'm ready! (when I win the lottery!)

  9. #9
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    4,982
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by HapaMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

    Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!
    Howdy, Bridgette! I'm thinking on-line stores usually have much bigger collections for cheaper but could also be fun to go with a knowledgeable person.



    GREAT IDEA, Kitsie! I too am TERRIBLE at colour :? Until you posted it, I never knew what a "kit" even was! :lol: This would be great for me, too since I have pic of quilts I want and patterns but good luck picking out the colours if there aren't any in the store EXACTLY like what's in the pic! :lol:

    Thank you, Kitz!!! *HUGS*

  10. #10
    Junior Member HapaMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texoma Land
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by HapaMom
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

    Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!
    Howdy, Bridgette! I'm thinking on-line stores usually have much bigger collections for cheaper but could also be fun to go with a knowledgeable person.



    GREAT IDEA, Kitsie! I too am TERRIBLE at colour :? Until you posted it, I never knew what a "kit" even was! :lol: This would be great for me, too since I have pic of quilts I want and patterns but good luck picking out the colours if there aren't any in the store EXACTLY like what's in the pic! :lol:

    Thank you, Kitz!!! *HUGS*
    KITSIE! Yes, onliine stores are the BEST but again, if it's not in a kit, I'm lost :? What I think looks great online when I get it home ... *BLECH* :roll: :lol:

    Yes, it would be fun to shop w/a knowlegeable person. Wish we could find the person on the board who's a "Personal Fabric Shopper"!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.