Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: You know how Well Wishes and others have 3 or 5 strips....

Blog Entries
    in those alternating blocks. I'm wondering if there's a important reason for the odd number of strips. I've done a pattern that uses five for the striped blocks, and Well Wishes used three. So--what about four fabrics for the striped block? Is there something I'm missing in the whole design idea?? Or will four work okay?

I would think that as long as the striped block ends up being the same width as the "focus" block ~ any number of strips could be used.

Blog Entries
    I like odd numbers...something I read once about it being more pleasing to the eye... But having said that, ultimately it is what is pleasing to YOUR eyes :D:D:D

You could whip one up on EQ and see how it looks to you :wink: Isn't that program useful :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
    I would think that as long as the striped block ends up being the same width as the "focus" block ~ any number of strips could be used.
    Yes, that what makes it so unique..you can make them any size you want..the strips.. just keep them in the same order..

Blog Entries
    Well--I'd prefer five, but I can't find a 5th fabric that matches the focus fabric well enough for me, and I want to use the four I do have... so that's the issue. I always shoot for 3 or 5, but in this case.... :roll:

That's kind of what I was thinking...

there's apparently something about odd numbers - don't ask what. if you look at flower or bulb catalogs, they always say to plant in three's or five's. always odd numbers. :roll: