Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: You know the stash might be too large when...

You find pieces, clearly cut to create a particular block, but don't recall every purchasing or seeing the fabric, much less what block pattern you intended to make.

I tried to tidy up the sewing room tonight and ended up with my eyes glazed over. I should never buy fabric or thread again...

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Oh my sounds like you found lots of cool fabric. Look at it this way you will have tons of fabric to work with.

Happy Quilting

Nods. I've recently learned how to go shopping in my closet. So much stuff I don't recall buying - and it tricks me into thinking I got new stuff

:D I may forget my kids names or what I had for dinner but I don't forget my fabric. :D Priorities ya know. :wink: Just kidding about the priorities. I can remember buying which fabric on trips with girfriends back in '97, but do not ask me what I bought the kids or grands for their Bdays last year. No joke!

Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)

We have an extra bathroom in which the tub & shower is never used, sooooo cases of batting are stored in the tub behind the shower curtain. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Crafter
    Gramof6 ... I'm with you! I pretty much KNOW where a particular fabric is too! I have a large home (4 BR, LR, DR, kitchen, 2 baths, family room). There is NO room left untouched by fabric or books. One of the bathrooms is under renovation, so the unusable sink has become a shelf for quilt books! :-) Thankfully, the kids are grown and gone or they'd be sharing their space with my addiction. :-)
    I'm with you! I too have a large house, 4bdrms, 2bth, 2 kitchens, 2 livingrms, 2 dining rms, full bsmt, full attic. The upstairs is my sewing room. When guests come they have to sleep among my fabric and I make no excuses. The upstairs living room is where my quilting frame is set up and it's off limits to everyone but me. The dining room is set up like a living room with fabric as are the two bedrooms. Dressers, closets, they're all full of fabric. Going upstairs is like walking into a fabric store. The downstairs doesn't have fabric since I have to share it with DH and DD. LOL

Yeah, I need to rearrange the fabric shelf so I get that little :thrill: of finding something I already have....

When you consider building on to the house to accomodate it. Until then it's just right.

I had to laugh when I read "you don't remember buying the fabric or for what". That happened to me this week. Real pretty fabric but I don't remember buying it at all. Maybe the quilting fairy left it in my stash

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast