Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . .

[quote=Carla P]...When you will gladly clean and organize your sewing room for hours if necessary, but can only "allow" 15 or 20 minutes for mopping the floors in the rest of the house.

Been there Carla. I wonder if dust bunnies could be used for batting? Hummmmmm!!!!!! Now that's an idea.

:lol: :lol: I'm not sure but when I can allow a couple of extra minutes to gather a few I'll let you know... :lol: :lol:

I can't keep them still long enough to catch them. But bet the lint in the dryer trap would work better so thick and soft

Honestly, I did wonder about that... but only once... & no, I didn't try it... it fell apart before I made it to my sewing room... :oops: :lol: j/k Sometimes you'd love to though!! :D I do place used dryer sheets in with my fabric stash for a couple of days on occasion, just to give them a hint of the fresh smell.

Quote Originally Posted by ceannastahr
    I can't keep them still long enough to catch them. But bet the lint in the dryer trap would work better so thick and soft
    That reminds me of a quilt show a few years ago. A lady there had a sewing machine that had about maybe 8 or more needles. Using no thread at all she took different colored dryer lint and sewed the lint right onto plain white muslin. The machine needles actually pressed the lint into the fab creating a soft suttle hue. It was very pretty but expensive. Anyone else seen this? What's it called?

Wool felting machine...

Thanks Carla. I wondered tho how well it washed afterwards. I'd hate to do all that work and then have all my lint go down the drain.

They say the wool, yarns & such hold up pretty well to the process, but I agree with you... that would be awful for everything to end up right back where it started from... which would be my luck! :lol:

Debbie, I think what she had was a needle felting machine. The needles use no thread, they just pounce up and down and whatever they go through (felt, yarn, roving, etc) bonds to bottom material. You can do this by hand without a machine. Clover (for one) sells the pouncing needles and pad. It's a fun stress reliever and like you wrote, very pretty :-)

Debbie
    http://www.woolcrafting.com/needle-felting.html
    This might be what you are talking about. Hope it helps. 8) Betty

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast