Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know You Are a Quilter When. . . . . .

I'm really surprised he didn't respond to that!! I've had a few lengthy posts with him before. He is really smart and he does things with math that I certainly don't get.

oh and

You know you're a quilter when you have a macy's size inventory of shoe boxes all filled with 4" hexagons made of scraps for that grandmother's garden you are going to make someday when you have enough fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    I'm really surprised he didn't respond to that!! I've had a few lengthy posts with him before. He is really smart and he does things with math that I certainly don't get.
    he does things with math he doesn't get either.

:wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

You know you're a quilter when...

--You were a poor math student in high school, yet you are able to figure out exactly how much fabric you would need to make a quilt you've planned out.

--You think you can run the little handheld thingy (that spits out the price stickers) they have at the fabric section of your Wal-Mart just because you've seen it at work so many times.

--You've gone to a friend's house to stay one night there and you bring your quilting stuff (quilt project, graph paper for ideas, etc.)..."just in case".

--You got fabric for your birthday.

That birthday one is definately right. I got 10 completely mismatched fat quarters last week. WOOO HOOO. No clue what to do with them yet, but my stash needed fed.

My daughter gave me several peices of flannel for Easter. Her Dad got candy but I got fabric. I think I got the better deal! Plus I ate his candy :lol:

Good for you he didn't need the candy anyway. My 2 favorite things fabric and candy to give me energy to use the fabric

When they come out with the first "Quilted Northern" commercial and you call them to say what they are showing isn't quilting but knitting. And they fix it! I did call about this.

This machine is pretty cool. It's an automatic felting machine. It works great when you're felting wool roving onto a base of wool felt. It takes much less time then a hand felting tool, but the machines are very expensive. I have lots of fun felting. but I'm not rich enough to buy a mchine. It's never occured to me to try felting dryer lint onto fabric, but it sounds like fun. I think I'll try it.
    Louise

When... You barter for items in yardage amounts vs. dollar amounts... :D

There is a method I found to make crazy quilt blocks where the backing is used dryer sheets. I made one for the quilt ministry at my church and it is definitely the best smelling quilt ever :)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast