Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are YOU making Christmas gifts this year?! >

Are YOU making Christmas gifts this year?!

Are YOU making Christmas gifts this year?!

Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Did, (mostly quilted) table runners of all sizes and wall hangings, plus one Ipad bag. Done!!! Also a bit of paper crafting since I can't find what I want and have to draw it myself. All I have left is one sweat suit. Finally found sweatshirt fleece and now will have to see if I can find ribbing or adapt to elastic.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Really think "happy presents" is my goal going forward on gifts. Yesterday, had lunch with some dear friends. Gave her 3 scrubbies in a little clear bag with a ribbon and a Christmas card. She was so happy to receive it.That is what I call a happy gift, something little and yet not much. I made an infinity scarf for my DF. These are so cool and easy. Hanging kitchen towels is on my list to get done. Crocheted hangers are very easy and when I give them, people want more. I have all kinds of ideas to get done and yet finding the time is another thing.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:25 AM

Two table runners, fabric boxes filled with homemade Christmas candy, a lap quilt for my hubby and a Christmas quilt for my grandchildren. Living in Phoenix, it didn't seem right to start on Christmas projects when it was still 100 degrees in October. By the time the weather cooled down enough to make me think "Christmas", it was November and I was scrambling to get the gifts made. Next year, I'm starting earlier...don't care if it's 100 degrees!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:22 AM

Right now I'm working on a lap quilt and matching pillows for my aunt/uncle; they just redecorated their living room and den and bought these geometic rugs for both rooms in a variety of colors and shapes. I took a picture of the rug, then sat down and created a pattern. I'm in the process of sewing together all the pieces now. Will post pictures when I'm done. I'm also planning on making a few of the bread liners and give them as gifts, along with some homemade banana bread in a basket for various family members.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 AM

I'm making a stocking set and wall 'blanket' for my inlaws, t shirt quilts for my boys, and a wallhaning for me.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:57 AM

I've made table runners, knitted scarf & hat, knitted fingerless gloves. i hope to make a wrist purse the same colors as my daughters fiat car! Marilee
Old 12-09-2013, 08:13 AM

4 pillowcases for camping trips, colorful bib, reversible purse, mug rugs, hot pads, 2 quilts, fleece throw, Christmas tablecloth, Advent calendar, placemats for picnics (holds paper plates & silverware & includes napkins), several fabric bowls (for a silent auction), tablerunner, and 2 yet-to-make casserole totes. I will be so glad to put gifts in the mail to family this week. Not sure if I've forgotten anything?