Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You Might Be A Quilter If You.......... >

You Might Be A Quilter If You..........

You Might Be A Quilter If You..........

Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
Your desk chair wheels won't move anymore cause there is so much thread, fabric strings and dust stuck in them.
That's the reason i went to using my DH's old wheelchair! No more problems with the wheels LOL
Old 01-10-2014, 08:21 PM

You might be a quilter if your kids ask you how your visit with " Aunt Jo-Ann " went every time you come back from fabric shopping !
Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Really? Fabric scraps in the fridge? That's a new one for me. I've found my car keys in the freezer, but so far no fabric. I think I'll go look.
How do car keys or fabric wind up in the fridge LOL.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Power Poster

...When seeing fabric, or indeed anything quilting/sewing related your eyes glaze over, your hands itch, you are drawn to it like a moth to flame.....
Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
How do car keys or fabric wind up in the fridge LOL.
As to fabric scraps they cling to me and fall off when I get in the fridge and I didn't notice.

Now for the keys. I stuck my keys in a grocery sack when I packed the groceries in the house. I forgot I did that.
Several days later I looked for them and could remember having them in my mom's car and after that no memory. we looked for a month for them.

A couple of days after I lost my keys my mom came in and had 2 doz eggs to leave me. she put them in a sack she found on my table. I took that sack and put it in the fridge.

a month later I picked up that sack of eggs sitting in the fridge and pulled them out to put them in the egg drawer. the sack felt heavy so I looked and yep there were my keys!! In a sack in the fridge while we looked high and low for them LOL
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 PM

When you pass people in the street and think "that fabric (blouse, shirt, dress) would look great in a quilt" LOL
Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 AM

You are consistantly asking DH " Look at this, can't you make me something that would work like that, but better." Gotta love a DH that will try to make you just about any thing in his wood shop!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM

- You shorten the postman's life by lying in wait for that perfect fabric you searched the internet for to finish your quilt
- The only gifts you get now are vouchers for your LQS
- Offer to treat your family to the movies because someone told you there was amazing quilts in it (without telling them)
- You know every quilt shop's opening hours, discount days and fabric lines stocked for 100 miles.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:21 AM

I think I can add, your beds are unmade, the floor is unswept, dishes are in the sink..... there's a project to finish.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rebeljane View Post
When you pass people in the street and think "that fabric (blouse, shirt, dress) would look great in a quilt" LOL
It's even worse when you tell them that, and being strangers they just look at you and back away...

My keys wound up in the freezer because I was putting away groceries and still had the keys in my hands. I probably set them down in the freezer while I was moving things around to make them fit, and then forgot they were there. It was probably 45 years ago, but I'll never live it down. They also wound up in the kitchen trash a time or two, but again it was long ago. It's nice to hear that someone else has done this too.