Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You are my quilting guild >

You are my quilting guild

You are my quilting guild

Old 10-10-2014, 05:16 PM

I'm with the rest of you. I do belong to 2 guilds, and even though I like them, I like this board a whole lot better. Especially since I can come anytime and wear anything I want to and never leave home.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:30 PM

I agree with all that has been said. I can no longer drive after dark and the guilds here meet in the evenings so I am more than grateful for this board.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:33 PM

I agree - the members of this board make an awesome quilting guild! It is so awesome that I often spend time chatting on this forum that could be spent sewing, or cooking (ugh) or cleaning toilets (another ugh).

Feeling unwelcome at a guild meeting for the first few meetings is not as unusual as one would think. I went through it with one of my guilds. It was so big that I felt alone and a wee bit unwanted.

But I am stubborn! I will not give in to my feelings of being unwelcome - even if they start throwing fabric at me! Or batting! If they were to throw seam rippers or scissors at me, I'd be forced to re-think my need to belong to such a homicidal quilting guild, though.

Long story short, I kept going. After 5 years, I think I am now one of the better known members of the guild, and I enjoy the group.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:35 PM

Love being a part of the online Quilting Board Guild!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:56 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I've been a member of and on the board of many different guilds across the country and I, too, agree this one is among the best, most friendly, supportive, busy, and helpful of any of them.

Jan in VA
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 PM

Yes--this is the best guild. Today I was doing a makeover on a quilt sent to me by a QB member, using fabric purchased from a QB member, and using a technique from a QB member (thanks Jan in VA for your wonderful instructions on setting blocks on point). What more could I ask for? Thanks to everyone here for the friendship.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:14 PM

I had never thought of it that way, but yes, this really takes the place of a guild for me. I may not show up very often, but any time I do...I feel welcome. And I don't feel like I am criticized because I have been MIA for a while. I love that I can come here and ask for opinions...and I LOVE the pictures folder....love seeing what everyone has been doing. So much inspiration. Most times I try to comment on pictures, but sometimes I am just glancing and talking to someone else and don't, but make no mistake, I do appreciate them.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:16 PM

I belong to a guild here in town, but I like this guild so much better. I never feel like I don't belong.

Dina
Old 10-10-2014, 08:29 PM

I have not gone to my local guild for a couple of years now. Kept planning on attending but then something would come up. This one, it is here whenever! I always feel welcome, and love the advice when ever I need it. Oh, and the sharing - the pictures of all the work everyone does is so much fun to see. I can not tell you how often I tell others what I have heard or learned from all of you, nor will I tell you how much money I have spent buying things I have learned about on this site. My friends and family may think I have gone off the deep end when I start talking about the QB, but they have not checked this place out. For me, it is totally awesome!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Best place ever. I second everything😀