Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Are You Scrappy?

I like to paper piece smallish (3-6in) log cabins and "Michigan" string blocks from Quilterscache.com. Narrow strings, anything goes ,plus off white/neutrals to "tame" the blocks. Left over scraps in a box and occasionally sorted by color as
    recently for Xmas: reds, neutrals, greens where easily accessible. I do prefer my messy method:dump scraps in a big box as long as they fit in, then reconsider. I'm too stingy to throw anything away!

I only do scrappy At the present time I am doing Fonz and Porters book on scrap quilts .I have one almost done called lots a pots a flowers They are so very clever in their designs.
    I'm an obsessive compulsive quilter and batik aholic. I make only king size quilts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by margie77072 View Post
    I can't seem to do scrappy. It weirds me out. I have to much of a controlling nature. I've tried to do a controlled scrappy but even this leaves me with a feeling of unease.....LOL. I have to laugh because I so want to do some scrappy quilts, in particular the Lil' Twister pattern. I have a ton of charm squares but it's taking me more time to design (layout the original squares) then it will to put it together.
    @ margie77072: My designing always takes longer than the actual doing. It is all part of the process. If you really want to try a scrappy, start with something small, so if you really don't like it you haven't spent alot of effort or fabric on it. Not a big loss.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I get scrappy when I run out of room in the 2 boxes I have my left over strips and blocks in. I just completed 2 quilts, one queen size log cabin, one 50"x50" 4 patch. Barely made a dent in either box. Oh well, I have 2 weeks off coming up, let's see where I get then.
    Jeanie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6