Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Your Report from Quilt Market or Festival from those attending >

Your Report from Quilt Market or Festival from those attending

Your Report from Quilt Market or Festival from those attending

Old 10-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default Your Report from Quilt Market or Festival from those attending

It would be interesting to hear about your visit. Especially new trends, new products, tools etc. Anything you saw which might make impact on our quilting.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Power Poster

I've been reading the vendor blogs about the new products and trends. Seems machine embroidery quilting has more of the new tools and notions.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:37 PM

Check out one piece at a time blog, she is there, and has posted some pictures.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:56 AM
Banned

I can't find her blog page
Old 10-31-2013, 06:41 AM

I have been previously reading owner blogs regarding the services along with developments. Would seem equipment embroidery quilting features much more of the completely new tools along with ideas.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

The pattern designers all have blogs and are full of pictures and new item finds at market. There are too many Facebook pages of the show to keep up with them all. The market part is over, now just the quilt show and vendors.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 AM

Oh my...just got back from spending two full days at the quilt show. I saw so many beautiful things that my brain is on overload. And I'm still reeling from shock at how much money I spent! Trying to figure out how to tell DH about the next credit card statement! lol
Old 11-04-2013, 01:57 PM

This blog is full of information about market and quilt festival : http://cactus-needle.blogspot.com/ AND she has an extensive list of other blogs, many of them have posts about market and/or quilt festival. Lots of beautiful new stuff out there!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM

I went to the quilt show. The last time I went was 2 yrs ago. I did not feel like there was anything really new to see. Many of the booths were for those who like to do wool penny rug type projects. They all seemed dark to me. I noticed that some booths were pushing the fabrics for modern quilts. I spent very little money as I felt my local quilt store would carry the same items and I did not have to bring them home on the plane. The quilts for viewing were very nice. I did notice myself passing by many of them as they did not catch my eye for a closer look. I think this will be my last time going for a while.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:04 PM

I spent 3 days at Quilt Fest and had a ball. The quilts were amazing as usual and I went crazy with fabric selection. I got some things that I was planning to mail order but remembered that the vendors would be at the show (saved some shipping so I could spend more on fabric. lol). It was awesome as usual. I go every year and every year I'm amazed at how beautiful the quilts are and what innovative fabrics the vendors have. I also learn a lot about new lines that are coming out from vendors.

There were lots of modern quilts. Even a section by the Modern Quilt Guild in the quilt area. I just love the look, design and colors of these quilts. I can see why they are so popular.

All in all, it was probably the best 3 days I've spent in a while. Now to get some time to actually make up what I bought. . . .