Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: yr thoughts on my tote

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you did good to me ! How did the most recent sale go , the one that was going to have yardage ?

By the way I will show that I am a newbie.. what is a applique press mat ? I tried google and got different answers !
    Sharon

Don't want to get myself in a mess, where I collect and not have a purpose or a need for it! Your right, it is only a bargain if you use it! Since I am trying to build my stash, I thought it would be useful. I hope anyway!

Sharon,
    I didn't go to that sale with all the material, the hours were kinda weird 10-2 and such. I couldn't get away at work. Since I haven't been at these quilting thing long myself, I understand the applique mat is to put over your applique piece and press so you don't get the gunky stuff on your iron. It was a $15.00 item, so it might come in handy. So Sharon how long you been at this quitling thing? I am starting to think I am no longer a newbie at almost 2 yrs now. When I started answering other quilter's questions or giving pointers, I think I may now have graduated, I don't know. :roll:

Blog Entries
    Dee, well If you count my VERY first quilt wish was so simple and basic , but was hand quilred I started 29 years ago ! LOL Then I took about a 27 year break and just started hard again about 2 years ago ! And I understand what you say when you think you are figuring things out about quilting something comes along and you think you are a rookie :oops: LOL
    Sharon

exactly! I am such a rookie still! :lol:

Great find at a yard sale!

My step-father's aunt is moving, so he and my mom having been going through her basement. The found MOUNDS of fabric. MOUNDS!! My mom and aunts are having a yardsale, and mom is taking this fabric to it to sell with plastic grocery bags. Fill a bag for $2. Can't complain much for $2 and whole grocery bag full of fabric...

Blog Entries
    Where will this wonderful sale be held ? Probably across the country from me :cry:

Blog Entries
    I told my husband I would haunt him if he put everything from my sewing room in a garage sale....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5