Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zip Bind Tool

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    It looks like one of those tools that makes a fairly simple binding application into a HUGE job. I'll also be interested to see if anyone has actually used it.
    I agree with you...I could see the video but she never did show how the thing worked so I couldn't say if it looked practical or not.

The way that I used the tool was to attach a binding onto the front with their Stitch-in-the-Ditch foot and Mitering tool, then use the Zip Bind Tool to hold the binding in the proper position to hand finish the binding on the back side.

The settings look fussier on the videos than I felt that they were. When I got my system it came with a DVD on how to use it.

The Kwik Bind video they include with that product makes it look impossibly difficult, however I did not find it so. Actually my friend came over, threw it on her machine and attached a binding without ever watching their video!

All that being said, I think the easiest bindings I do are the Ricky Tims method. All by machine and pretty darned easy to do. I highly recommend his Grand Finale DVD for showing this method.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl222
    The videos didn''t actually show it being used to do the actual sewing. Do the needles fit into the tool and you pull it along as you sew?
    The tool is pulled ahead of where you are sewing so, no, there is no place in it to put a needle.

Here is a link to the first of a series of Youtube videos on how to use the tool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_gH...eature=related

Once you watch this one, the next couple will show up as options to view.

Blog Entries
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl222
    The videos didn''t actually show it being used to do the actual sewing. Do the needles fit into the tool and you pull it along as you sew?
    The tool is pulled ahead of where you are sewing so, no, there is no place in it to put a needle.

Here is a link to the first of a series of Youtube videos on how to use the tool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_gH...eature=related

Once you watch this one, the next couple will show up as options to view.

I would just like to find something with pictures and detailed how to use the thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2