Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
**********International RR3 Group 14  "Traveling Quilts"********** >

**********International RR3 Group 14 "Traveling Quilts"**********

**********International RR3 Group 14 "Traveling Quilts"**********

Old 10-14-2010, 04:25 PM

Lori... I've had shingles...no fun.... Hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to quilting....
Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Lori... I've had shingles...no fun.... Hope you are feeling better soon and can get back to quilting....
I've been doing a little bit of quilting but just not wanting to work on such a beautiful center when I'm under the influence :) I've been very curious as to how OK Darla is doing with my baby.........OK Darla????
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 AM

Do you want us to stitch around our state after we sign? Didn't know if you have your own technique.

Sharon aka purplesharon :?:
Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 AM

Leota, I went thru the thread and I noticed your center was on a piece of fabric with compass designs thought it was part of the block till I pulled your center out. Question is would you like this for a border or any other?

Sharon :)
Old 10-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by purplesharon
Do you want us to stitch around our state after we sign? Didn't know if you have your own technique.

Sharon aka purplesharon :?:
That would be ok if you want to... I hadn't really thought about it...
Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by purplesharon
Leota, I went thru the thread and I noticed your center was on a piece of fabric with compass designs thought it was part of the block till I pulled your center out. Question is would you like this for a border or any other?

Sharon :)
Sharon, at first I couldn't figure out what you were talking about the compass design on the block....I pinned the block to our world map (International :D) and it was next to the compass on the map :D
I'm leaving the border design/colors up to you... if you like it I'll like it... I know you will do an awesome job.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:15 PM

Okay.....here we go with pictures of Candlequilters 1st border. I hope you're happy with it Sherryl! I have no problem doing something different if you'd like....honestly. I really wanted to do something fancier with the corners but your center just kept arguing with me and saying "keep it simple this round." I even took it to quilting class and everyone said the same. They felt the 1st border should provide a frame only. By the way....they all fell in love with your center :) The pictures don't do justice to the 1" brown border and corner block. It is the most beautiful tone on tone brown and looks like suede. Both fabrics came from the LQS owner's private stock. She said your center "was worthy" of her stash. LOL
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110427.jpe   attachment-110672.jpe  
Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Pretty addition, Lori...those leaves are really outstanding!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lori L
Okay.....here we go with pictures of Candlequilters 1st border. I hope you're happy with it Sherryl! I have no problem doing something different if you'd like....honestly. I really wanted to do something fancier with the corners but your center just kept arguing with me and saying "keep it simple this round." I even took it to quilting class and everyone said the same. They felt the 1st border should provide a frame only. By the way....they all fell in love with your center :) The pictures don't do justice to the 1" brown border and corner block. It is the most beautiful tone on tone brown and looks like suede. Both fabrics came from the LQS owner's private stock. She said your center "was worthy" of her stash. LOL

Oh Lori, I love it I do I do I do. And then to hear that you weren't feeling well while you were working on it. Thank you just doesn't seem like enough to say - but thank you!!!!!!!!!! This is so fun to see them with the border(s) being added. I need to get busy and take pictures of the one I am working on so that I can post it.

Thanks again,
Sherryl
Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 PM

Lori... OUTSTANDING :D Very pretty addition and really compliments the original center.