Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
** Round Robin III  Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky ** >

** Round Robin III Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky **

** Round Robin III Group # 7 Ladies Sew Lucky **

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM

Hi All :-D ,
Hope your all as excited as me for this !! Looking at the map were making a big o spiral, cool huh! Will try to be a good Point Person, communication will be the key. Feel free to contact me can send a P.M. E-mail or we can work off this thread.
Any ideas for a name?

Group 7 in order
B.zang
C.Cal Quilt Girl
Jodimae
mswordwiz
NorBanaQuilts
Judy G
Old 08-16-2010, 08:53 AM

I know I am excited. This is just way too cool. Names are hard to pick. How about something like "Quilting Across the Borders" or "International Quilting Sisters"? I'm not too good at thinking up things like names.

I'm working on my label today. Has anyone already done their label?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

my label is still in photoshop, I am still playing with it ...

My center is done, I have to go out and buy a new dig camera this week. How about Quilting Across the Globe?

I am so excited for this to start!

By the way Call me Nay....
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 AM

I am attaching my center and a picture of my planned label. I won't embroider the label until we pick a name and I can put it on there, but thought I'd see what you think.

Although my center block is square I am hoping that maybe in round 1 or 2 the person working on it could just add a top and bottom border, making it into a rectangle. I was going to take off the side rows myself, but then I would lose the pinwheels and I don't want to do that. I did see in RR-II where one of the quilts just had top and bottom rows added in the first round. It's not a huge deal and I don't want to put any pressure on anyone, but if it works out, that would be great. If it doesn't and I end up with a square quilt, not a big deal.

Quilt Center Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98037[/ATTACH]

Quilt Label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98038[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98032.jpe   attachment-98033.jpe  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM

Oh Judy... That is pretty, I have some prettys that will work well with this !!! And the labels Great :)

Still working on my label.

b.zang will have you first, but I don't mind adding in next round if needed. This is going to be fun !! :)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 AM

Thanks, Carol. It is going to be fun. If you're using the one you posted on the other thread, It's going to be really nice. I am trying to keep pictures of everyone's center, so I can plan ahead a little. We will be heading for AZ in October for the winter, so I need to see if any of my stash here might work and take it down with me just in case cause I don't have much fabric down there. Would be a big shame if I had to buy all new fabric for every round :lol: :lol:
Old 08-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Banned

LOL Judy, I cannot wait to see everyone's centers either. This week is digital camera shopping, then I can post my center!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 AM

Will repost here soon, smart thinking on being prepared! I'll have to go back and see if anyone else has posted pictures, You are a luck lady cool in the summer, warm in the winter!! :)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Hey Everyone, this will be my first RR, I am a little nervous but am ready to get started. Can't wait to see the quilts start coming together. I am still working on my label but I am posting my center. I love the southwest look and collect arrowheads so that was my inspiration for my center. I am very easy to please!! As for a name for our group maybe something with" Ladies Sew Lucky" in the title? Jodi

Jodi's Center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98047[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98042.jpe  
Old 08-16-2010, 11:52 AM

Jodi, I love your center. I had thought about a southwestern center myself for our Arizona place, but glad now that I didn't. We wouldn't want to be working on two so much alike. Love the colors in yours. Will be thinking hard. I've been downloading pictures of all the finished Round Robin II quilts to get an idea of what people do for borders. I'm not nearly as accomplished in applique as a lot of them, but might get brave enough to try if a quilt coming here looks like it could be used there. I am trying to expand my horizons this year by doing things just a little out of my comfort zone and I feel I've really grown as a quilter just since joining this board and working on some of the swaps. I think that's why I'm so excited about this round robin - way outside my comfort zone but I feel I will learn a lot and make some really good quilting friends.