Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 08-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Of course I pin! All quilting related too.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:48 PM

I will probably have a Pin account next week for my dyeing business. After that, I'll think about one for me. I'll keep you both in mind!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 AM

Barb, Can you give more information about Pin? I have heard of it but hesitant to join cuz I don"t understand it.....
Old 08-14-2013, 05:46 AM

Marybrace I am with you. I find Facebook to be annoying - too many ads - LinkedIn is valuable for business but not sure what value Pinterest has?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:19 AM

I love Pinterest. And you're right, it can suck up your time. I have several boards but quilting is my main interest.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:35 AM

Little bit about pinterest:
It is a community of people that find ideas and put them on a bulletin board. actually many bulletin boards...no thumb tacks needed.

I first found pinterest when we were planning my daughters wedding. Are budget was tight so we made all of the decoration and favors from pinterest ideas. My daughter pinned ideas of wedding dresses, pictures she wanted taken at the wedding. I sure you get the idea.

I have MANY different boards...I find it easier to retrieve the ideas when I'm looking for them. so I don't have recipes ...I have dinners, desserts and canning etc...

I have a lot of interest in crafts more then quilting so I have quilting, postage stamp quilts ,kid crafts...

Also there are ideas on how to decorate or how to hang pictures...I have a board called "smart ideas" things I should of thought of be someone else did!

Also it is NOT a community board that you talk back and forth with someone. Nothing like facebook or linkedin. you can follow people...which means you will see what they post and you can or don't have to post it....it does not matter to anyone.

And a last note about Pinterest.....it can suck time...plenty of time...so I made a bulletin board called "pins I completed" I repost everything when I do the pin..sometimes I will change something while I am doing it and will give my "helpful" hints.

Today's pin: Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight.......cookies with cream cheese, whip topping and pudding......looks YUM to me ....where are going to a potluck picnic at church tonight......hope I get some
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

I agree Pinterest can really suck your time. Lots of fun stuff to look at, and try. Recipes are interesting too~
Old 08-14-2013, 07:39 AM

Mary Hope the info above helped out....let me know if you join feel free to follow me there

Originally Posted by marybrace View Post
Barb, Can you give more information about Pin? I have heard of it but hesitant to join cuz I don"t understand it.....
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 AM

Dottie Dodge...I went to find you on Pinterest...and there were many Sue Dodges....so the sleuth in me found you with your quilt boards

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
I love Pinterest. And you're right, it can suck up your time. I have several boards but quilting is my main interest.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 AM

WOW Barb !! I like what you are getting done.. you can "vacation" at my house anytime-- I am on a lake and I will wait on you hand and foot while you do pinterest things !!!!