Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 12-10-2013, 09:12 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes. They are still nice to get.

I have also received some birthday candy from carrot. Thank you, they are gorgeous!!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Honchey ~~ I received birthday candy from you today. Very pretty candy!!! Thank you. Bonnie
Old 12-12-2013, 04:18 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful birthday in 2013. Looking forward to 2014. I hope everyone has received squares from me. If not, let me know. All were mailed for 2013. This has been a fun swap. Thanks to our wonderful hostess.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Sweet nurse Bonnie. My hubby SAID he mailed your birthday candy. I guess you're still Birthday Princess until all your candy reaches you.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 PM

Bonnie, the mail fairy just left here. She's been missing for several days, don't know where she got off too. Happy belated.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:06 PM

Would one of you wonderful folks please invite me for 2014 Birthday swap? Happy birthday December princesses! Have my fingers crossed to participate 2014!!!! Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings & Happy New Year!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:14 PM

Erin...how did your sons surgery go? I keep you both in my prayers.....I know how you feel and it is so difficult to see your little one in pain.
Please post when you can on how the surgery went!
Barb

Originally Posted by aquiltymama View Post
Thanks so much for the well wishes. We meet with a surgeon on Thursday for his first really big surgery (had one several weeks ago, but much smaller.) They say this one takes 3-4 months to heal from, so really not looking forward to it. That's such a long time for a 2-and-a-half year old (and even longer for his mommy!) But, we're doing it now so he doesn't remember it when he's older. Can't wait too much longer and still be able to say that. But, that also means I need to focus pretty much exclusively on him for a little while and while I'd love to keep going with this, I just can't commit.

But I love seeing the pictures of everyone's quilts. Hoping to eventually have time to sit down and turn these charms into a quilt myself.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:27 PM

Hi Everyone
Hope your December is going well. Mine is very busy but also fun. My son moved with his family to the west coast of Michigan and they come back to visit and stay at our house....fun but busy! They were visiting for a week in December so I get very little accomplished except playing...also fun but busy!

I have been making rag quilts for Christmas presents actually 3 rag quilts...all queen size! Been working really hard on them when possible and hopefully they will be ready on time. I made the quilts from used flannel shirts, robes, and pajamas. I really am liking how they are turning out. Hopefully i will post a picture of one of the finished projects.

Merry Christmas to everyone....
Barb
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM

Barb -- His surgery is Monday (12/23), so just trying to get him healthy enough for them to do it. (He managed to get croup at the end of last week and now just has a bad cough and runny nose. Hoping it runs it's course since he can't have a respiratory infection and be put under. He's loaded up with antibiotics, and that seems to be taking the edge off.) Trying to read everything I can since I'm the primary caregiver and will be doing all the (gross) stuff after the surgery... site care, tube feeds, etc. So not ready for this....
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Aquiltymamma, it amazes me the strength we pull from ourselves when put to the test. I found this out caring for my FatherInLaw and MotherInLaw when they became ill. You are a wonderful mommy. We can all tell!! Your family is in my prayers. **HUGS**