Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full >

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Old 06-17-2013, 01:11 PM

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
I received candies from Tracy,queen of 2802 today! Only have 3 more surprises left to come. What a month it has been and its only the 17 th!
Laurel/oneteappot
Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
Thanks queen of 2802 for the birthday candies and the extras. What fun!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM

Yes, I forgot to say thanks for the extras. All of you ladies have given such beautiful candies and the extras have been unexpected and very nice.
I am wondering how all of you separate you candies, or if you do. Hints, please.
Laurel
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM

I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL
Old 06-18-2013, 03:53 AM

I can't wait, November is so far away. I am glad your birthdays have been so special. I am a happy girl when I get new fabric.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL
Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
Old 06-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
Those grandbabies are pretty special. I have my granddaughter every Thursday through Sunday so that her mom can work a second job at night. Dead beat dad. Makes me angry on one hand but I love every minute on the other. "We" are sewing doll clothes this weekend. GD is getting pretty good at sewing a straight line so we shall see what she can do with curves.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 AM

Terry, sorry the month got away from me. I put your candy in the mail today. Hope it doesn't take to long to get there.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:34 PM

Oneteapot.... Wanda... Abdconsultant... You get my candies.? Mailed the first week of the month.

Last edited by sewmany; 06-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM

I got mine. Thank you
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM

Hi Ladies
Just to let you know that I am going on a shop hop tomorrow (thursday) so when I get home I will send out the July birthday babies. If I am too exhausted ( we are going by bus to 7 quilt shops) I will send it all out on Friday.

Barb