Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 81 of 154 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full

Glad they arrived safely and that you like them

Quote Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
    I received candies from Tracy,queen of 2802 today! Only have 3 more surprises left to come. What a month it has been and its only the 17 th!
    Laurel/oneteappot
    Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    Thanks queen of 2802 for the birthday candies and the extras. What fun!

Yes, I forgot to say thanks for the extras. All of you ladies have given such beautiful candies and the extras have been unexpected and very nice.
    I am wondering how all of you separate you candies, or if you do. Hints, please.
    Laurel
    oneteapot/Laurel

Blog Entries
    I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL

I can't wait, November is so far away. I am glad your birthdays have been so special. I am a happy girl when I get new fabric.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.

Quote Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
    I had intended to stitch each set together and note on the label who and where they were from. Well!!! My granddaughter who is 6 1/2, loves my sewing room and fabrics. I had shown her what I was going to do and putting each set back in their envelopes and then I left to fix us some lunch. She had a ball arranging the squares how she thought they should go. She had the whole floor covered! So now they are just going wherever! LOL
    Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Dottie, that's so funny. I did laugh. My 8 yrold GD was here a month or so ago. She was sad because their dog had been sick and her mom and dad were on the way to have him put to sleep. Her mom, anxious too, put her in front of the TV with a bag of Oreos. I saw, we had an Oreo together, and I told her I had a job I thought she could do. Poor sad girl followed me to my sewing stuff. I got her two containers and my little packages of "candy". I told her pick your favorites for this container, put mine here. I also taught her what Batik was and she pulled out Batik, Christmas, and neutrals. She began sorting. It went like this: Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Grandma. Me. Me. Me. Me. Etc... It was so funny! We had a blast. Although I was slightly panicked all my Candy was disappearing..... Oh I miss her. (they have a new puppy now...a mastiff. :0 )
    Those grandbabies are pretty special. I have my granddaughter every Thursday through Sunday so that her mom can work a second job at night. Dead beat dad. Makes me angry on one hand but I love every minute on the other. "We" are sewing doll clothes this weekend. GD is getting pretty good at sewing a straight line so we shall see what she can do with curves.

Terry, sorry the month got away from me. I put your candy in the mail today. Hope it doesn't take to long to get there.

Oneteapot.... Wanda... Abdconsultant... You get my candies.? Mailed the first week of the month.
    Last edited by sewmany; 06-18-2013 at 02:39 PM.

I got mine. Thank you
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hi Ladies
    Just to let you know that I am going on a shop hop tomorrow (thursday) so when I get home I will send out the July birthday babies. If I am too exhausted ( we are going by bus to 7 quilt shops) I will send it all out on Friday.

Barb
    Check out my new website: www.southhilldesigns.com/barbarakibler

Page 81 of 154 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81 82 91 131 ... LastLast