Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:11 PM

Our camping trip.....

So we get home (exhausted) and really grouchy (me) from the family reunion and in 2 days I have to go camping. (now I love to camp...but notice the word ..."have to") I am the brainiack that planned this! I was on vacation and I am gonna do all that I can!!! So Wednesday morning we pack up the camper (I'm looking for rain so we don't have to go) and we head out. We have a free pass to camp about an hour from our house for 2 nights. We went in January to a seminar for a time share type thing. We did not buy it so they thought maybe if we let them come for free they will. Well this place was huge! I think it was at least a square mile. It had a lot to do but it was mostly for families. We decided that we made the right decision to "not buy" the membership. (except when we were sitting in the hot tub!) then after 2 days we went a little farther north to another campground. This was a very pleasant surprise it was nice, clean, quietly peaceful! So we ended up having a really nice time and we met some really nice people. I forgot to mention this was the first time EVER that my husband and I camped just the 2 of us (3 we brought Sophie the dog), and I am happy to say we are still married!
Ohhhh and I even got my husband to take me to 2 quilt shops for the "row by row experience" I love both of the patterns I got (one sold out of the kit but I did get the other kit). so more for my to-do-pile!

oh and nobody threw up, pooped on the floor, no one got lost, we did take a nap, no one walked in tie die paint or was buried in sand. No cried but we both laughed!

Barb
Old 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM

on to business of our board......... I am so sorry to hear that your cat passed away Oneteappot. It is such sad thing. I am sure my Oreo and your Nicholas are fast furry friends.

I can remember many years ago I was on vacation and over heard two elderly women talking. One was consoling the other, I thought maybe her husband had passed away. Then I heard it was her cat and I thought oh how silly is that. Until it happen to me. When I lost my first dog Whitney, it took my breathe away. My eyes still fill with tears when I think of her now. I have since buried 2 other furry friends (Gracie and Oreo ..both cats) it is so hard and some people may not understand. But the pain is real. Just know that you gave your Nicholas a loving life. (all 9 of them).

Barb
Old 08-17-2014, 09:29 PM

Karen G...looking forward to seeing pictures of your second finished project!

Sewbizgirl....love the mug mats.

Bjsmith57...sorry to hear that you had to have surgery I hope that you are taking it easy. I hear quilting is very therapeutic .
WMUTeach...great idea on freezing fruit...and you are in blueberry country are you going to fill your freezer with them too?
Havplenty...like the hair twist idea. Thanks for the picture.
Havplenty...LOVE the pattern that you posted so cute. I really need to make more time to sew!

thanks to those who posted Tuesday Tips........please remember to post yours....

Barb
Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 PM

Sewbizgirl...love this idea!

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Got my "prize" pattern in the mail today... thank you Barbara! It's a tulip applique and log cabin blocks row, from the row by row experience. This would be so cute used in a baby quilt with 30's prints.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 PM

I got some that were 'shy' of 2.5" too... some as much as 1/8", which is a seam allowance, gone. I had to cut them down to 2" squares so I could use them.

Let's check our cuts!
I will also make sure to double check mine. I for whatever reason I am one of the guilty ones please let me know privately.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Barbara, welcome back! I loved reading about your family reunion and your camping trip! What an action packed week you have had! I would love to go camping in a few months when our weather cools down a bit.

Hubby and I just got home from a big weekend in Memphis. We went to our daughter's... just getting him to go along with me this time was a BIG DEAL. Hubby turned 60 this past week, so we went for a 'birthday trip'. He never likes a fuss being made over himself, so we didn't tell him about the big birthday party our kids planned for him! It just got sprung on him and he had a great time! We also did a good bit of estate sale shopping, which he loves. A great time was had by all. Even our puppy had a great time!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Karen G...looking forward to seeing pictures of your second finished project!

Sewbizgirl....love the mug mats.

Bjsmith57...sorry to hear that you had to have surgery I hope that you are taking it easy. I hear quilting is very therapeutic .
WMUTeach...great idea on freezing fruit...and you are in blueberry country are you going to fill your freezer with them too?
Havplenty...like the hair twist idea. Thanks for the picture.
Havplenty...LOVE the pattern that you posted so cute. I really need to make more time to sew!

thanks to those who posted Tuesday Tips........please remember to post yours....

Barb
Yes, in-deedy do, I just went picking blueberries on Saturday for the second time and I had fresh blueberries and yogurt for lunch today. YUMMY! My freezer just can't hold enough blueberries! Now on to peaches and then.....
Old 08-19-2014, 07:02 AM

Oh, my goodness has this month got away from me! Birthday girls, I am terribly sorry I haven't mailed my packages out. They are ready and on my table, but that is as far as I got. I will mail them in the next day or so. I have company coming and busy today.
I also have been picking blueberries, nothing like home grown! Also picked elderberries for some jelly.
And I have a friend that says no one cans or freezes anymore. But then she says I am stuck in the past with sewing too. I just tell her that she doesn't know what she is missing! Yet she is a knitter! LOL!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 PM

Barb, sounds like you enjoyed your well deserved vacation. Love your descriptive narrative!
I just got back to work Monday, out last week with a little eye surgery, they said it was probably cancer, so they cut it off & called me yesterday to say it wasn't, praise the Good Lord! Whew!
Got a notice from Mary, the Curious Quilter, that she is hosting a swap in mid September, you in? Love your fabric charms! Hope others here will consider joining it, too! thecuriousquilter
hope the link works!
Tuesday Tip: In a word document post what needs to be done to each project then pin the page directly in front of your work space. It helps keep projects on track, makes fabric shopping easier & less costly, and you get feeling of accomplishment when you take it off the list!
hugs,
dj
Old 08-19-2014, 05:00 PM

Happy Birthday to your hubby Sewbizgirl. glad he liked his birthday festivities. Also I love estate sale shopping too! I am not as fortunate as you....my hubby really doesn't like to partake! (quoting my hubby)

Barbara, welcome back! I loved reading about your family reunion and your camping trip! What an action packed week you have had! I would love to go camping in a few months when our weather cools down a bit.

Hubby and I just got home from a big weekend in Memphis. We went to our daughter's... just getting him to go along with me this time was a BIG DEAL. Hubby turned 60 this past week, so we went for a 'birthday trip'. He never likes a fuss being made over himself, so we didn't tell him about the big birthday party our kids planned for him! It just got sprung on him and he had a great time! We also did a good bit of estate sale shopping, which he loves. A great time was had by all. Even our puppy had a great time!