Welcome to the 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap!!! This swap is all about us!!! Fabulous quilters making and swapping a fully completed, lap-sized quilt with other fabulous quilters!!! This swap will be limited to the first 30 swappers that sign-up or January 24th, whichever comes first!!!
***Guidelines & Deadlines***
Sign up closes for this swap on Friday, January 24th, 2014 at noon (CST) OR once 30 swappers have signed up. Names will be sent out no later than Thursday, January 30th, 2014. Quilts must be delivered, fully finished, by Monday, August 1st, 2014. THIS IS A DEADLINE NOT A GUIDELINE Please do not participate if you believe you cannot fulfill this time frame commitment.
This swap will be a partnered swap. You will work with your partner to determine colors, style, etc. Size: 45” x 60” up to 60” x 60” – Please make sure it is not smaller than 45” x 60”. --Use only 100% cotton fabric.
Design and method will be up to the creator; however, since this is something that will probably be used, making sure that the quilt is washable on at least a gentle cycle. Good grade cottons only no homespun or non-cotton fabrics in this swap please. You should make something you would like to receive. Take your time; there is no rush to get it out fast. It’s better slow but steady and you will be pleased with what you send and your partner will be thrilled to receive it!
See http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm for general swap rules.
* I am required to insist that participants send me a monthly PM or email to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project. Also, participants must have weekly contact with their partner to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on each other’s promised project.
* I am required to insist that participants notify me as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.
* Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail.
* I am required to insist that all participants send me verification of shipment, to include tracking information.
* Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”
* Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
* Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation by Monday, August 1st, 2014 shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback to their account.
* Please keep in touch with your partner and me as required. Please let us know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time. *****COMMNICATION IS KEY!!!*****
* Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.
*** To participate, please PM Yosamitesa with the following information by NOON (CST) on Friday, January 24th, 2014. Please do not apply if you have not finished/fullfilled your commitments in prior swaps. Incomplete sign-ups will not be accepted. Members will NOT be allowed to pick their swap partners. These will be assigned at random by me.***
1. Board Name:
2. Real Name:
3. Email Address:
5. Phone #: (this will NOT be given to your partner, this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
6. Are you willing to swap with someone outside the U.S.? (YES or NO)
We may have a few non-U.S. participants. Shipping is more expensive. I will only make US-non-US matches with willing participants.
7. Any allergens you have in your home (i.e. cats, dogs, smoke, etc.)
8. Any allergies you have (i.e. are you allergic to dogs, cats, etc.)
** WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE: **
9. What type of quilt DESIGN would you most like to RECEIVE? You can be as general or specific as you want to be. Use OTHER to clarify your interest. (For example: "I've always wanted an Amish-style quilt")
Traditional, Modern, Pieced, Appliqué, Surprise me!
10. What else do you want your swap partner to know about the quilt you'd love to RECEIVE?
** WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO MAKE & GIVE: **
11. What type of quilt DESIGN would you most like to MAKE for another? You can be as general or specific as you want to be. Use OTHER to clarify. (For example: "I love to make log cabins")
Traditional, Modern, Pieced, Appliqué, I'm up for making anything!
12. What else do you want your swap partner to know about the quilt you'd love to make?
**Remember, this swap is supposed to be FUN!!! Let’s keep it clean and positive. NO NEGATIVE REMARKS on this thread. If you have issues or problems, bring them to me ASAP!!!
Any questions or concerns please pm me. I'll be happy to assist any way I can.
Happy quilting everyone!!!!