Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 07-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

I finished my last three bags for Sophie's Dream and got all my stuff boxed up and sealed before I realized I hadn't taken any pictures! Oh well... It was good to get that box finished up and sent; 5 bags, 2 quilts, numerous toys, puzzles, books, socks and craft items to keep the kiddies occupied when hospitalized. I am blessed to have been able to participate. Will ship tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:55 AM

Well it was too hot to be outside this week and so I started cleaning the sewing room, organizing and putting unfinished projects together so I can get them done. What do you do with the quilts that you love when you made them but have fallen out of love with them because your color choices have changed and all the different fabrics. I feel like a hoarder because I love it all but then I move on to something different. UUUGH!!! anyway room is all put together again and ready to start sewing again. Hoping to get to a quit how in beginning of October in Des Moines loved it last year so excited again. I am happy to say that I organized all the candy squares that I recieved for my birthday and wow it will be a colorfull quilt. Has anyone ever pieced them together in a row and di like a jelly roll style quilt? Just curious. Sounds like everyone has been busy I am getting my birthday package ready to send for the August Bday.
Well everyone enjoy your last week of July. Love seeing all the post and pics.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:10 AM

Busy here too with the garden. Been freezing beans and peas, lots of work but so worth it in the winter. Need to do beans again today, then straighten up the sewing room and get the vacuum out
Ended up wth 2- 1st place ribbons and 1- 2nd place on the quilts that I entered in the fair. Didn't think that was too bad and I learned a lot more on how they are judged.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Congrats to you on your 'wins', Jaba! Not too shabby!
Old 07-28-2015, 06:05 PM

Hello ladies

Wow...you have all been busy ladies! Love all the photo sharing and story telling. Thanks for sharing and checking in.

moonrise....your purses are adorable and congrats on your sales...

Jaba...glad you like your prize(from me) but congrats on the 1st and and 2nd place ribbons!!!YEAH!

luv2sew2011... congrats on the new house...please make sure you send me your new address.

DJ...Mary? daughter ? sister? who is moving near you?

PeginCo...adorable pilow

Sewbizgirl....it is wonderful that you share the gift of your sewing with so many. Sophie's Dream is lucky to have you participate.

BArb
Old 07-28-2015, 06:26 PM

Hi ladies...now for my check in...

I am a gardener! I love the warm (hot) weather. I love to spend as much time in my gardens (I have lots of them) pulling weeds (have lots of them too!) cutting flowers and picking veggies. And digging in the dirt and moving plants from one location to another. last year I made some new shutters for my house and painted them purple. I am going for the cottage look...
I also made 4 raised beds this year for my veggies and boy what a difference 8" makes! My garden runneth over all over the place! Lots of tomatoes,peas, beans, peppers and onions. Also 2 garlics that are huge!!!!! size of my fist!

Besides gardening I have been doing that 4 letter word...WORK. good thing I like what I do.....cause I really just want to garden.
Also we have been camping and spending time with my family, grandkids, kids and my mom.

My grandson's birthday is this weekend and the party is on Saturday. I found a toddler bed with Elmo (his favorite friend) on it. My daughter had reservations about me giving it to him for his birthday (she thinks he is too young) so I figured I would save it for Christmas. Then yesterday she said that it would be okay for me to give it to Cooper for his birthday. I now need to make a small quilt for it ....by SATURDAY! anyone want to come over and help!

Oh I forgot...bought a new car (to me..it is used) Chrysler 200 RED. I had my old suv for 10 years and almost 200,000 miles. My suv was white and I use to drive an ambulance(white) so I am so excited about RED!

okay...I am done procrastinating going go and create a quilt!

Barb
Old 07-28-2015, 07:00 PM

Everyone is so busy, like others been very busy with garden, freezing and canning. Now this weekend family reunion in WVa, where we have been working on family signature quilt, we made copies of my great grandparents signatures also grandparents and others who have passed now the ones that are still living sign it. When complete with be actioned off to the variety of family members, for now it hangs on my living room wall, soon to be taken down and passed to another, I will surely miss it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526351[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]526352[/ATTACH]
The signatures are my great grandparents and then their children, as it branches off of each of them are the now generations
Attached Thumbnails img_20150728_225621.jpg   img_20150728_225723.jpg  
Old 07-28-2015, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

Barb, what a busy summer you are having... you're living life! I'm jealous of your gardens and especially the raised beds. My little effort at gardening turned out a pathetic collection of barely producing plants. I waited too long to plant and I think the extreme heat of Mississippi has been too much for my plants to deal with. I had great intentions...

Enjoy your new car! My SUV has nearly 200,000 miles on it, too. I'll be looking for a replacement before long.

If I was nearby I'd love to come help you with that quilt. I'm sure the grandson will love his big boy bed, with or without a quilt on it!

Good to hear what you've been up to.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Teri Lynn, that is such a COOL quilt! What a great idea for a family record. It's a real treasure. The transferred signatures are amazing.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 AM

Checking in after our trip to Idaho! We got home late last night after two long driving days. I managed 12 Row By Row kits on our trip up. I only did shops convenient to the highway. My daughter picked up two in the Provo are while she waited for us to get her. On the way home we missed one shop in Delta, CO by 30 minutes. I was super sad too, she had TWO DARLING rows!

So I also delivered the quilts to my SisterInLaw in Idaho. First we went to a park and my niece took pictures of all the quilts laid together. That was so fun and my biggest personal wish while I sewed them all. I told my hubby I would be sad FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE if I didn't get a picture of the quilts laid out together. He thought that was a bit dramatic.

I thought my SisterInLaw would help me pass out the Idaho quilts while I was there but she didn't. I don't know why and I didn't ask and I don't care even. I'm just so happy to have them finished! And she knows what she's doing. SO.... I left ALL the finished quilts (19) I will mail her five labels for the backs of the quilts I didn't get labeled before we left and I'll still finish my four children's quilts. I hope I made sense to you ladies.

(Added a picture I took of the quilts piled in my sewing room the night before we left Texas.) and I promise not to bore y'all again with my long quilt story.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by SheriR; 07-29-2015 at 07:53 AM.