Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups >

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

2016/2017 Birthday Swap...now open for sign ups

Old 07-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Hello My Birthday Friends!

Wow as the month of July comes to an end I need to say a Big thank-you to everyone that made this month one of the most enjoyable birthday months I've had in a very, very long time! What fun it was to gather the mail each day with anticipation of the cards bulging with non-caloric candies!

What fun I had this morning I know, I know a couple of days after my birthday ~ day but it was hard for me to finally get to open the cards knowing that my 'fun' would end with the last zip of the final card opened. It was so fun all month long to look at the basket on the dining room table seeing all the envelopes, knowing that each of you had taken the time to send a card to me. <3 Then I remembered for me, I get the most joy in 'giving' and I happily prepared the August Birthday cards and candies.

I loved the cards all different, fun little extra gifts, (thank-you) all the interesting candies and so many different ways to say "Happy Birthday" with hand written notes to a virtual stranger, but quilting a 'friend' via this board.

Oh my goodness, there are some poets among us, rhyming birthday wishes, little hand drawn artistry on the envelopes, paper artists with beautifully hand created cards and such nice sentiments in all the cards!

I will post some pictures as I've read where pictures are welcomed and appreciated. Also if you will indulge me, I will post a picture of all the empty envelopes which I found amusing. The indulgence is in two of the pictures you will seem my quilting buddy Pata Pouf our rescue kitten who decided all the envelopes were put on the floor just for her entertainment. She adopted us much to my DH chagrin but guess who took the photos posted here? Pata Pouf sleeps in her basket on my quilting table as I sew. I will post the pictures in separate posts as I'm not sure how big they will be.

Once again thank-you one and all you blessed my birthday more than you will ever know.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-03-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 07-30-2016, 10:38 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554882[/ATTACH]

Here are all the cards can you spot your card and candies :0)
Attached Thumbnails envelope-contents.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 10:45 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554887[/ATTACH]
I found it quite amusing to see all the envelopes which I found pretty in their own right sans the contents.
Attached Thumbnails envelope-pile-2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 10:48 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554888[/ATTACH]
Ms. Pata Pouf has decided that the empty envelopes make a perfect insulation from the 'cold' tile floor...never mind it's 86 degrees outside! :0)
Attached Thumbnails envelope-pile-3.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 10:57 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554889[/ATTACH]
Just after we took this picture she rounded up her play rattle mice and placed them in the envelope pile so she could 'stalk' for the mice in the pile. Of course being the indulged cat that she is, she anticipated that we would 'hide' the mice for her within the pile, and we, of course knew as her ** 'staff', that we had to drop what we were doing and entertain her.

**The oh so true saying in our household..."Dogs have owners, cats have staff"
Attached Thumbnails envelope-pile-4.jpg  
Old 07-30-2016, 11:01 AM

Sorry about the duplicate post above #1644, I was having difficulty in posting and kept getting error messages. I don't know how to get a hold of someone to delete one of the duplicate posts can someone help me with that? I didn't realize that there was a duplicate post until it was too late to edit or delete a message.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:23 AM

All August Birthday Girls should anticipate their cards from Idaho in the next week as all are at the post office now!
Old 07-30-2016, 11:42 AM

Hi, Onalee, what a sweet and thoughtful and heartfelt thank-you note to all of us. It is so special to hear of all the ways you were wished "happy birthday" from "strangers" (and some of us are stranger than others!LOL). I'm having so much fun being an August b'day girl. I've been opening one card a day to celebrate the month--but alas, it's not even August yet! I have very little will power. Do you think I'm greedy to wake up with the thought, "Oh, good! I get to open another card!" ??? Or is it me just having fun??

Your boss sure has her staff well-trained. She is quite photogenic, isn't she?

You are so right about how fun it is to give as well. Anticipation is a thrill, wondering which candies they'll like best in my pile of 50. And which two I can narrow down as my favorites from each person so I can post pictures here. (That'll happen, trust me.)

Have a wonderful time sewing up a bunch of these new squares into new beauties. Again, happy birthday and I look forward to receiving to your goodies in my box as well.

Sheri R--your envelope arrived today! I have to wait to open it till tomorrow because I'm limiting myself to one per day ,and yesterday I got two. So I opened the second today. Tomorrow isn't a mail day so it'll be a big treat to look forward to.

Last edited by zozee; 07-30-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for the great birthday loot photos, Onalee! And Pata Pouf is a beautiful cat! I just love black kitties. I totally understand spoiling her.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:48 PM

Onalee, great looking stash, sweet kitty, too! So glad you're in this swap!!!!!
hugs,
dj