Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap

Boy I wish I could have gotten one of each ornament! They are all great, and the variety is amazing. I read somewhere an idea for those spool ornaments. The suggestion was to make one after Christmas for each kid with a list of what they got for Christmas that year. I wish I had seen that idea before my son grew up!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I have been so inspired by all of you. I hope to make a few more ornaments for this year and definately will start earlier for next year and include a small treat. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I need to start making them early too. I know I am going to want to do the swap so I should be smart about it. Need to keep it on mind somewheres. LOL
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Make them now so they are ready for next year.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I am so gonna do this for the grandsons. they are only 4 yrs and 20 months so their mom can carry on with it. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    Boy I wish I could have gotten one of each ornament! They are all great, and the variety is amazing. I read somewhere an idea for those spool ornaments. The suggestion was to make one after Christmas for each kid with a list of what they got for Christmas that year. I wish I had seen that idea before my son grew up!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

High end markets are the place to do your craft shows. You pay more for your booth/table but you will net more also. The day goes faster. I sold in a very wealthy neighborhood, a friend had a show in her home. We all put up signs, in key traffic areas, we all were to work a schedule of time say three hours each day of the show and we paid a percentage to her of all our sales. I made bank. Sounded expensive but it was worth it. The ladies came in, thought NOTHING of dropping money on things most of us would think twice over. they like a jam buy three cases for client gifts. not one item I sold was bargained with. I came home almost empty handed. so knowing your target market, knowing how much time will be put in getting it in the paper, internet, signage. all plays in to how much you reap. she also had only so many of each item being sold by differrent venders only two jam sales, only four tshirt sales, three earrings etc. so it was a very broad variety and worked. My last sale was not researched much by me, it was reasonable, seemed right. No advertising at all. none. signage three signs period. not a great traffic neighborhood at all. lousy sales. Sold like four pillows and one scarf. Not worth it at all. Good luck to those who still have shows. Sell your products dont wait for them to sell themselves, talk it up.. ok enough.

I received an abundance of ornaments this day. I asked for ornaments for Seniors at this lower income senior home I had to stay in during recovery. lonely place. The donations from the Quilting Board members have been outstanding. Jaba, Nancia, Grann of 6, hobbykat, Mdall, tam moo Linda S. with her white snowflakes (eyes).. they will bring so many smiles. I took some photos tonight but the internt is not up for uploads. I will post them when its ready for that. I am sorry I did not get to the post office, I have to wait as I had surgery last thursday so no driving. I am itching to be moving again! thank you every single one of you who helped me get this together for the ladies and men there. You guys rock SMOOCH
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Name:  ornaments for seniors 008.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  705.4 KB
    Name:  ornaments for seniors 001.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  688.1 KBName:  ornaments for seniors 006.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  681.1 KB

these are just a few very lousy pics that I took of the wonderful ornies and gifts given to me for the Senior home. Thank you everyone! I will put them in an album so they are all there but wow. jaba I believe I have posted your ornies already as theyare now in the bay area I cant add them. My apologies.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Not a problem Linda. I'm sure when all of these are on their Christmas tree or are hanging in their rooms it will bring a little smile to their face. Hopefully they will lift spirits and the holiday will be much nicer for them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Aurora, what a cute idea your spool Christmas wish list is!
    Thank you, I wish I could take credit for it, but I found it on line a couple of years ago. The spools came from Hobby Lobby (four in a bag).
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    Beautiful ornaments and I know they will love seeing them on their trees. Way to go lady's you all did a wonderful job.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38 78 87 88 89 ... LastLast