Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 AM

I loooovveeee that! so pretty
Old 11-19-2012, 05:34 AM

OK, so I got the colors and preferences, and I've been wracking my brain trying to decide how I can do what instantly came to mind in such a small space. The theme I was sent immediately shot me off on a direction that could lead to the cutest matching placemats (everyone probably knows by now that placemats are my passion), but I'm not sure I can get the effect I want in the space (especially the width) of a runner. Face it, my partner may be getting both depending on how much time I have to work on it and finish my other Christmas projects, lol!

It's been a busy weekend, so I haven't fabric shopped yet, but will hopefully go today. Dusty's 20th birthday is today and of course what he wanted to do for his birthday took up the bulk of yesterday, and Saturday was the last home game for Auburn (yay, we finally stomped someone...but then someone lit the already poisoned trees at Toomer's corner on fire overnight) OK dear, you're rambling....

So, I'm off to plunder my stash and see what I have I can use (from memory I'm thinking not much), and it'll be a trip to Hobby Lobby in a bit before physical therapy! I do so wish they sold more fat quarters and precuts at this store.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM

whooooooo! that was a lot of reading!! Had to catch up to yall since I hadn't been on the board, cept a little here and there, for almost a week. Had our annual Thumb Area Quilt Retreat this last weekend. All I can say is WOW! We had a blast! And I bought the fabric I will use for my table runner, and it just happens to be in her color choices. Mine will be going out prior to Christmas, I hope. Though it will not be a christmas theme. My partner posts her quite a bit and I am looking forward to getting to know her better through this swap. The retreats are soooooo much fun! We learn so much from each other. I had been wanting one of those pads for under the sewing machine that hangs down and has pockets. Well, one of the ladies had made them for most of her group. She thought she had made one for all of them, but found out one of the ladies got missed. That was funny, she gave her a really hard time, all in fun. Anyway, I made myself one. Best present I ever gave myself. I just love it. I am always reaching and digging for where I left my scissors, or where I sat the seam ripper. No more!! Also, one of the ladies showed us how to crochet those ruffly scarves. My 9 yo DGD made me a pretty pink one. I think she will be making more of them in the near future. Well, back to the table runner, the pattern I looked at was for a wall hanging, so turning it into a runner will be my challenge. Of course, maybe my partner has a place she could use a square one. Or maybe one of those multiple sided ones. You just never know. I have lots of table in lots of sizes. Most of them are treadle cabinets. Trouble is, DH says, "if there is a flat surface, you seem to find something to pile on it! LOL My dining table is a very old wooden rectangular table. I like to put something on the one end of it for decoration, cause that is right by the window. Ok, now I am only rambling. Time to get some work done.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 AM

mrsaj11 - it's beautiful - the light blue batik reminds me of frosty mornings!!! Can't wait for them to get here.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Black Friday Sales

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I'm jealous, maybe I'll have to come to Great Falls for black Friday, at least you have LQS that does something. Heaven forbid here if they ever put fabric on sale for less than 10.49 or 12.49 a yard.
Google "The Quilt Away", "The Quilting Hen," and "Big Sky Quilts." Those are the 3 LQS that have sent me Black Friday sale things. I *think* that Big Sky has online shopping and I know for sure that QH has online ordering and takes paypal (it's also my favorite store - tell Diane I sent you!).
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Guess that means you don't want me a your doorstep, Okay I'll just pout for a little bit and then go snoop on the net. I'll tell Diane you wouldn't let me come in person Think I'll just go sew for awhile, don't want to dust and to lazy to put the tree up.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Okay people - I will take one of each - snowmen, unbrellas, batiks - all will be nice!! And If you want to make me just placemats - thats ok too - I usually end up using a place mat in the middle of the table anyway!!
Last year I did really well with connectingthreads.com on their cybermonday sales. I prefer buying online so I can run back and forth to see what is on sale and what is in my stash to match (hehe) or to check amounts on a pattern. Anyone else shop online for fabrics?
And you can post a picture before it goes out and we can all drool and pray it is coming our way!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM

I'm so proud of myself! I think my DH didn't think I could pull it off (which he made quite obvious with all the sighing and foot-to-foot shifting while looking at fabrics and frowning at the amount of supplies). BUT when I showed him one of my nearly completed panels last night, I got the raised-eyebrows 'huh. cool.' Which is a HUGE step up from the 'yeah, honey. Looks great' without taking his eyes off the XBox.

I'll post some teaser pics when I get home... hehe...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 AM

I'll leave some hints for my partner since I'm new to all of this:

I live in California now but spent 30+ years of my life in Minnesota/Wisconsin so miss the fall/winter the most. I used to be waaaaaay in to Christmas. My theme was 'If it doesn't move, decorate it!' and they typically stayed up until February.

Favorite color is red, but also like green/blue/grey/purple.
Home decor is mostly rustic.
My house is turning in to an ark - 90# dog, sassy maine coon cat, 3 polydactyl calico kittens.
I started quilting a year ago, I had been on the fence and then I found some cool chicken fabric I HAD to have.

I am easily amused and have started collecting chickens, donkeys and wine bottles (only to be emptied by me!).

In addition to the animals, my household consists of my disabled husband (stroke at 34), two boys (10 and 9)... and a few times a year, my 19 yo college bound daughter and his two boys (14 and 13). Rustic is appropriate as everything gets well used and at times, abused.

Sorry for the rambles...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 AM

to lazy to put the tree up.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my!! Are you one of those that gets their holidays all knotted up? Move over Turkeys, Santas pushin in!!!! I will prob put my tree up the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving. Not even, OF Thanksgiving. I LOVE Christmas, don't get me wrong, but I like Thanksgiving, too. So please don't rush past it. LOL
This year we are doing something different. We are having an "Electronics Free" holiday. Check your phones at the door, leave the Ipods home, and make sure you have the football game on "record". Get ready for some good old fashioned gaming. I have Taboo, which I discovered is just like the old "password" game. UNO, SKIPBO, Spell N Shout or some such nonsence, bingo, dice, and if I am lucky a good game of Sharades!! Wish I could remember how we used to play "kick the can" just in case the weather cooperates! I am thrilled to hear that all my grandkids are looking forward to the day and have been telling teachers and friends all about it. I hope I don't dissappoint!!
Ok, went and got the turkey so it can thaw, and stopped at PO to get the right box. Now to repack and get my pkg to the PO before it closes.